Options

Centering content blocks with the "stretchy" layout

zubenelgenubizubenelgenubi Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited July 26, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

I have what I hope is a simple question regarding page layout.

If I customize a smugmug page to use the "fixed" layout, then I'm given the option to specify that content blocks (a text box, for example) will be centered horizontally on the page. That's good; there's lots of times when I'd like that. But to use the fixed layout you have to specify a fixed pixel width, which seem like a bad idea given the huge range of screen resolutions that clients might use when browsing content.

So I'd far prefer to use the "stretchy" layout. But when I select that, I lose the option to center my content blocks. (I can't imagine why?) In any case the only way I can see to *force* a text box to be centered under the stretchy layout is to specify 100% for its width. This often looks ugly. So, does anyone know of a way to specify that all content blocks will be centered when used in the stretchy layout, even if their width is significantly less than 100%? Well actually, I'd be happy for now if I could just make a text box that is less than 100% wide be centered in the stretchy layout. I'm guessing there's a simple property I can set using some CSS code to achieve this. Not seeing any previous posts explaining how to do it, I even tried guessing how to do it in CSS, but so far without luck.

So, if anyone knows how to do it, I'd love to hear the solution!

Thanks,

- Mark

Comments