Recent Wedding C&C please

OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited November 9, 2006 in Weddings
With all the great photogs here at Dgrin, I thought I'd post a few photos from my 3rd wedding. Clients and family loved them, I thought they looked great in print. I shoot action photography more than anything but want your valueable opinions on these. I had previously edited these as 5x7's for the clients, and just uploaded them to my portfolio. I know they should be larger but this was easier :D

1)
108933895-L.jpg

2)
108933866-L.jpg

3)
108933882-L.jpg

4)
108933899-L.jpg

5) 1 From my second wedding
104208419-L.jpg
Brad Fite :D
www.fitephotography.com
Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff

Comments

• OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    Are they that bad or is everyone just as busy as I am ? :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
  • igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    I can't really tell. There is so much PP done that it is very distracting.
    edited November 9, 2006
    Igophoto, thanks for the response. These photos were intentionaly processed this way, its an action I have. To best sum it up my clients have said they look "Elegant". I have noticed however the smaller the print the less I like them but 8x10 or larger they look sweeeet. mwink.gif

I can post the originals later if that is what your wanting to see, however the originals werent the ones I wanted opinions on. What could I do to tone them down to make them presentable in your opinon?

Thanks,
    www.fitephotography.com
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    I think the poses, and the composition are really nice. To me, the lack of a sharp feature to draw your attention is bothering me. I think if the face or at least eyes were in focus, it might be a less worrying.

The second one has a bit of posterization look to it, and I have never have been a fan of that effect.

The third one I don't care for the matte cutting thru her head and right hand, would work better if there was no part of the subject outside the 'smaller rectangle".

Fourth one is great, the blur and glow work well. If I had to change anything, I would remove the branch growing from her head on the right.

The fifth one is just begging for a sharp face.

Good job, I like what you have here.
    edited November 9, 2006
    cmason wrote:
    I think the poses, and the composition are really nice. To me, the lack of a sharp feature to draw your attention is bothering me. I think if the face or at least eyes were in focus, it might be a less worrying.

cmason, thanks for the Critique. I agree, I looked back at the original and it isnt tack sharp

The second one has a bit of posterization look to it, and I have never have been a fan of that effect.

All these photos had the same action ran on them except the 3rd photo, this photo the B&G loved and ordered large photos of it.

The third one I don't care for the matte cutting thru her head and right hand, would work better if there was no part of the subject outside the 'smaller rectangle".

Again, I can agree with you, this is the first photo I tried this on, and screwed up on the inital crop, but since it was my first attempt I kept going to see how the effect looked.

Fourth one is great, the blur and glow work well. If I had to change anything, I would remove the branch growing from her head on the right.

I almost didnt get this shot ne_nau.gif we were taking photos, I raised up from the camera to speak to her, wind was blowing slightly and she turned her head, I quickly saw the photo and looked back into camera and shot....This photo was the B&G favorite of the lot and ordered a very large photo. Also, to be honest that branch never registered with me, they were going to leave in a few days heading back to Germany and was rushing a bit so they could take them back. No excuses tho, I should have caught that.

The fifth one is just begging for a sharp face.

yep, not tack sharp , again almost didnt get this photo, I was shooting in a different direction when I looked to my left and saw her, quickly turned and knelt a bit took photo and she moved. While not tech perfect, these always seem to draw clients attention.

Good job, I like what you have here.
    Thanks so much for your time and effort,
    As stated earlier, I'm mostly an action photographer and still have room to improve in both.
    www.fitephotography.com