Problems uploading

adhawkinsadhawkins Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
Hi all

I'm developing a Python package for the SmugMug v2 API. It's all been working well until about 24 hours ago, when uploads started to fail with a 'Connection aborted' or 'Connection reset' error.

This is making HTTP connections to upload.SmugMug.com.

Is anyone else having similar difficulties? It's happening in two different locations with different ISPs, so I don't think it's a local network issue.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• adhawkinsadhawkins Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2016
    I've sent a couple of emails to api@smugmug.com about this, but haven't had a response

I did make a Wireshark capture of the traffic, it can be downloaded from the following link:

https://www.gently.org.uk/smugmug-upload-error.pcap

Thanks again

Andy
    edited February 26, 2016
    I realised that the capture I posted above only has the upload section (as the rest of the interaction is done via HTTPS).

I've made another capture with my application set to use HTTP for all API interactions, it's available here:

https://www.gently.org.uk/smugmug-upload-error-full.pcap

You can see that I successfully query for the user, root node, create and album and eventually delete that album. The only thing that's failing is the image upload (which up until a couple of days ago had been working just fine).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Andy
    edited February 29, 2016
    Managed to get this resolved, seemed it was related to the way the Python rAuth library handles POSTing of files by their handles.

If I read the file in myself and POST the data, it all works Ok. I'd rather not do this for things like videos (they can obviously be pretty big!) but I can try to optimise this later once my library and application are working.

Andy