Motocross Media Credentials

Airtime70Airtime70 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited May 17, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello everyone,

Let me start by introducing myself, I am a 20 year old aspiring motocross photographer from Ohio/Michigan. I started shooting two years ago as an excuse to be at the track every weekend. (when I started school I did not have my bike at school with me)

I was lucky enough to have the oppurtunity this winter to shoot two Arenacross rounds, and found them to be a very valuable learning experience. I also shoot all of the major races at Baja Acres, as well as many smaller races and practices throughout the year.

I would like to get my credentials to shoot the Red Bud National this year but do realize that may be a lofty goal.

My question is for those of you that shoot these types of events, how did you first get affiliated with a media outlet? I have found that with out being at these types of events "on assignment" I cannot be issued credentials. (which makes sense)

Here is a link to some of my favorites so far in 2010
C&C Welcome
http://airtime70.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Allen-Jones-Portfolio/11864228_3vVUz#839106029_Ay6Gd

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited May 17, 2010
    Hi Allen,

You should start by searching the forum for "media credentials". There are several different threads on the topic.

Most of them will start by explaining that you need to be working for a news outlet; that you'll need demonstrative proof of that (by way of the outlet requesting credentials) and that, depending on the event, you may not get them. The good news is you're already aware of that. Other threads offer hints as to how that might work if you're not working for a major outlet.

Wander over to the Sports forum for some more good info.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?