Options

Blue oceans - Green Hills - Spring Sunset

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited March 30, 2015 in Landscapes
Bit ahead of schedule....but catch the spring while you can! All criticism heartily cherished and greatly appreciated!

1)
1W7A3794-X3.jpg

2)
1W7A3841-X3.jpg

3)
1W7A4144-Edit-X3.jpg

4)
1W7A4176-Edit-X3.jpg

5)
1W7A4203-Edit-X3.jpg

6)
1W7A4231-Edit-X3.jpg

7)
1W7A4299-X3.jpg

8)
1W7A4086-X3.jpg

9)
1W7A4110-X3.jpg

10)
1W7A4378-Edit-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    Amazing exposures! Nicely processed and brilliant colors! #'s 3 through 10 look as if you visited my area of the world. Well done Taz.
    I'm not worthy...bowdown.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited March 25, 2015
    Amazing exposures! Nicely processed and brilliant colors! #'s 3 through 10 look as if you visited my area of the world. Well done Taz.
    I'm not worthy...bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
    Thanks kindly Wayne!
    I have visited your area once.....for checking out historical sites....Mt. Vernon et. al.
    It truly was amazing!
    My comment then was, no wonder they didn't want to relinquish this place to British!:D
    Cheers!
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    Bravo, Taz. clap.gifThose countryside shots are WORLD CLASS. You should be justly proud of this grouping.

Take care, my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2015
    Bravo, Taz. clap.gifThose countryside shots are WORLD CLASS. You should be justly proud of this grouping.

Take care, my friend,

Tom

Thank you Tom!wings.gif
    Miss your posts!
    I hope the 'Halt in Production' ends!
    The 'barns' in spring must be calling out your name to be captured!!!
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2015
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Wow! Splendid work.

Thanks much FlyNavy! Really appreciate it!
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    2, 5, and 8 really stand out to me. clap.gif

I think #2 would be significantly stronger if you nuked whatever it is far left on horizon line. It pulls too much attention away.

#5 seems to be calling for a bw conversion attempt.

#8 could be improved as well with some masking or selecting. Blacks are too dark in the main tree and both the sky & foreground could be enhanced to create more drama as well as more balance.

Overall a very nice set of images. You have had some great outings in the past few months. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2015
    anwmn1 wrote: »

I think #2 would be significantly stronger if you nuked whatever it is far left on horizon line. It pulls too much attention away.

#8 could be improved as well with some masking or selecting. Blacks are too dark in the main tree and both the sky & foreground could be enhanced to create more drama as well as more balance.

Overall a very nice set of images. You have had some great outings in the past few months. thumb.gif

Thanks kindly Aaron! All points noted and will work on them! Hope you come over here sometime and we all go shooting!
  • Options
    PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    Very nice work Taz. Unfortunately, this season will probably be over in a matter of weeks around here. I like 3, 5, & 6 the best. The cloudy skies add nicely to the mood as well, much better than boring blue.

My only quibble would be the halos in the high contrast areas of some shots and the blown out sky in 10.

Are these down in the south bay/Morgan Hill area? A friend of mine was saying the wild flowers at Sunol were blooming nicely.

Mike
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2015
    Very nice work Taz. Unfortunately, this season will probably be over in a matter of weeks around here. I like 3, 5, & 6 the best. The cloudy skies add nicely to the mood as well, much better than boring blue.

My only quibble would be the halos in the high contrast areas of some shots and the blown out sky in 10.

Are these down in the south bay/Morgan Hill area? A friend of mine was saying the wild flowers at Sunol were blooming nicely.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I hope we get few more interesting weather days! Thanks much for tip on Sunol! I have to check it out. They have a waterfall known as Little Yosemite as well. The Green Hills are actually taken close to Joseph D. Grant park. About 3.4 miles further from entrance there is Twin Gates trail head. One of my favorite places to hang out. Half hour from my home. I will look at #10. Pointing camera at sun comes at a price.......have to stack more filters! ;o) Cheers!
  • Options
    PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks Mike! I hope we get few more interesting weather days! Thanks much for tip on Sunol! I have to check it out. They have a waterfall known as Little Yosemite as well. The Green Hills are actually taken close to Joseph D. Grant park. About 3.4 miles further from entrance there is Twin Gates trail head. One of my favorite places to hang out. Half hour from my home. I will look at #10. Pointing camera at sun comes at a price.......have to stack more filters! ;o) Cheers!

Yes, Sunol is closer to my neck of the woods. The waterfall at Little Yosemite isn't too big and flows best immediately after rain. You'll have better luck at Uvas Canyon or Big Basin in the Santa Cruz hills.

Mike
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,181 moderator
    edited March 26, 2015
    All good, but love #5! Wonderful scenery and great light on that set.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    All good, but love #5! Wonderful scenery and great light on that set.

Many thanks David!!
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2015
    anwmn1 wrote: »

Hi Aaron, below are my attempted improvements! Thanks much for your help!bowdown.gif

1W7A3841-Edit-X3.jpg

1W7A4086-2-X3.jpg

1W7A4203-Edit-2-X3.jpg
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 28, 2015
    Wow, you hit the money at twin gates this time around, friend. bowdown.gif

Love the wildflower shots. #8 would be amazing if you hadn't blown out the sky so much near the center. That would have been a perfect candidate for an exposure blend. Regardless, this is really a fine set. thumb.gif
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2015
    Great set! They're all wonderful but 5 and 6 are stunning. Love the compositions and wonderful storm light of 5 and 6, the leading lines of the road and game trail lead us into and through the story of these images. thumb.gifthumb

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2015
    #6 is my favorite. Like the darker clouds.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Wow, you hit the money at twin gates this time around, friend. bowdown.gif

Love the wildflower shots. #8 would be amazing if you hadn't blown out the sky so much near the center. That would have been a perfect candidate for an exposure blend. Regardless, this is really a fine set. thumb.gif

I am ready for the lesson maestro! Did call you but you had some stuff....if this kind of weather and your free day (truly free day) align, would appreciate your help! Thanks for everything!
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2015
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great set! They're all wonderful but 5 and are stunning. Love the compositions and wonderful storm light of 5 and 6, the leading lines of the road and game trail lead us into and through the story of these images. thumb.gifthumb

Phil

Many thanks Phil! This is kind of scenery that you probably see a lot off in your neck of the woods!
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2015
    #6 is my favorite. Like the darker clouds.

Phil

Thank you kindly Phil! The #6 had more warm light as well as sun had broken through. Wanted to do more but couldn't get a bearing at that time! Hope to see you post more! Cheers!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2015
    Beautifully captured. wonderful. Where is this?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2015
    #1 and #6 are my favorites.

Sam
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2015
    Beautifully captured. wonderful. Where is this?

Thank you Awais! Much appreciate it!
    The ocean shots are towards Santa Cruz, CA.
    The green hills are San Jose, CA and Oroville CA.
    We have drought but got enough rain that for now hills are green....
    Soon they will turn to gold.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    #1 and #6 are my favorites.

Sam

Many thanks Sam! wings.gif
    The green hills require bit of huffing and puffing.....
    If with lighter amount of gear, you are up for it....let me know!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2015
    Hi, #6 and #10 are my favourites. The lighting is sublime.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2015
    Wow, great shots! Love the minor tweaks, too. Even better. Nicely done, Stumble!
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2015
    Wow, great shots! Love the minor tweaks, too. Even better. Nicely done, Stumble!

Thank you Mike!!