Options

Tumbling Creek... Pt. 2

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited March 28, 2015 in Landscapes
With great input from Don, Taz, and JonaBeth, I went back out to Tumbling Creek in the Clinch Mountain Wildlife Management area of Washington County, Va. this week. This is a really powerful creek and I hope the pictures capture that characteristic. It swallowed up my remote wireless shutter release also!

Although rain was predicted, it turned out to be a gorgeous day.

These are tripod shots with a variable ND filter on a D7100 / 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor lens .
The ISO was set at 250 from a previous outing and I forget to change it! :whip
Autofocus 0ff
VR (lens stabilization) Off
Mirror-up mode

#1.
DSC_0731-7-XL.jpg

#2.
DSC_0707-7-XL.jpg

#3.
DSC_0746-7-XL.jpg

#4.
DSC_0737-7-XL.jpg

#5.
DSC_0761-7-XL.jpg

#6.
DSC_0825-7-XL.jpg

#7.
DSC_0860-7-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2015
    Yea buddy!!! Now we're talkin'! That's EXACTLY what I wanted to see, in terms of energy, but not stopped in time. Gorgeous set.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    #2 and #5 are fabulous to me!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2015
    Yea buddy!!! Now we're talkin'! That's EXACTLY what I wanted to see, in terms of energy, but not stopped in time. Gorgeous set.

Jonabeth, thanks so much. As some one whose familiar with whitewater, that means a lot.
    I'm really liking your shots as well.
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    #2 and #5 are fabulous to me!clap.gif

As always Taz, your thoughts mean a great deal to me! Thanks.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2015
    These are much better! Well done. It's a very pretty stream.

All but the sixth seem to me to be a bit yellowish. Color casts are not necessarily bad but you might adjust the white balance and see if you like it better. I copied one and adjusted the balance to show you what I mean:

i-WrGDHmV-L.jpg

It's really a choice. I kind of the like golden glow of yours.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2015
    Hey Don, I like it better! Thanks for taking the time to work with the shot! Very helpful!

• Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2015
    Super location, we'll captured. Would love to see some shots of this area in the Autumn (fall).
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2015
    Super location, we'll captured. Would love to see some shots of this area in the Autumn (fall).

I SO regret not getting here in the autumn season. That will not happen next year! Thanks for the nice comments Carl!

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 28, 2015
    These are very nice, Jona. 2,3,4 and 5 for me. What an awesome creek.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    These are very nice, Jona. 2,3,4 and 5 for me. What an awesome creek.

Kdog, thanks for taking a look at the shots and comments. It really is great photog site!