Spring is coming!

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited March 28, 2015 in Landscapes
Then (6 weeks ago)...a little "contrasty" over the trees but what the hey!

DSC_0087-1-edit-4-X2.jpg

And now (yesterday)...

DSC_0604-7-X2.jpg

I'm ready!
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    Love the light and serenity of both scenes! You seem to have that good light follow you around bud and you have skills to not miss it!
    Both shots are joyous to me.
    The greedy in me wishes the house in middle of the trees was either fully visible or cloned out.
    Cheers m8!
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    Love me some Virginia!
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Love the light and serenity of both scenes! You seem to have that good light follow you around bud and you have skills to not miss it!
    Both shots are joyous to me.
    The greedy in me wishes the house in middle of the trees was either fully visible or cloned out.
    Cheers m8!

Thanks so much Taz! I had another shot with a lot of sun on the middle house but in that particular shot the sky was a little blown out. Tried to work with it in PS but not dice! Thanks for commenting as always.
    Love me some Virginia!

JonaBeth, I would love to have some ocean shots but this is what my neighborhood looks like! :D
    Will be moving to Williamsburg, Va. next month so big water shots are on the way! It really is gorgeous though here in the mountains! Thanks again.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    ...JonaBeth, I would love to have some ocean shots but this is what my neighborhood looks like! :D
    Will be moving to Williamsburg, Va. next month so big water shots are on the way! It really is gorgeous though here in the mountains! Thanks again.

The country you're in right now is spectacular. Beth and I had the pleasure of spending a few months in Front Royal in 2013. We were there from spring to fall for a work project and paddled the North Fork Shenandoah constantly (our campsite residence was 100yds from the water). I miss the valley and the Blueridge all the time.
    edited March 19, 2015
    The country you're in right now is spectacular. Beth and I had the pleasure of spending a few months in Front Royal in 2013. We were there from spring to fall for a work project and paddled the North Fork Shenandoah constantly (our campsite residence was 100yds from the water). I miss the valley and the Blueridge all the time.

It is very pretty land. No doubt. I know that area and the Shenandoah Valley well.

• Tom FosterTom Foster Registered Users Posts: 289 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2015
    Lovely shots, the light is just perfect and the location looks pretty idyllic too!
    edited March 23, 2015
    Tom Foster wrote: »
    Lovely shots, the light is just perfect and the location looks pretty idyllic too!

Tom, you are very kind. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

• fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2015
    Spring?
    Like it, you're right about the trees. Hope your right about spring, too. We just got 4" of snow this morning, which is hard since we brushed 70 degrees 2 weeks ago.
    edited March 23, 2015
    Like it, you're right about the trees. Hope your right about spring, too. We just got 4" of snow this morning, which is hard since we brushed 70 degrees 2 weeks ago.

Ouch! Hope that's all in our rear view mirror for this year!

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 28, 2015
    Very nice scenes, Wayne. Yeah, processing is pushed a bit too far in #1. #2 looks good!
    edited March 28, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Very nice scenes, Wayne. Yeah, processing is pushed a bit too far in #1. #2 looks good!

Yeah, I agree with look of #1 and #2 shows better post processing results. I should have converted #1 to BW, processed the contrast then switched it back to color. I find that really helps me.