Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited March 30, 2015 in Landscapes
Kidwelly%20square-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2015
    Phil, very very nice! clap.gif
    I love the lighting! Thanks for posting this shot.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2015
    Sweet Light! Want to see more comps!
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2015
    I have one other view point to post. Believe it or not, the planners, in their wisdom, allowed people to build houses around the castle. Can't really capture the true majesty of the castle when there's a terrace of houses abutting! Hope to try some sunrise/sunset shots in the future, not to mention photographing the dozen's of other castles surrounding me. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2015
    I have one other view point to post. Believe it or not, the planners, in their wisdom, allowed people to build houses around the castle. Can't really capture the true majesty of the castle when there's a terrace of houses abutting! Hope to try some sunrise/sunset shots in the future, not to mention photographing the dozen's of other castles surrounding me. :-)

That's what I thought.....castle at a distance would look magical....but now I know why your hand was forced! Cheers m8!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 28, 2015
    Very cool subject in nice light. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2015
    Thanks for the comments!
    This is the same shot, with the crop showing more of the field on the right hand side. Couldn't include anymore to the left due to the housing!
    There are dozens of Middle age castles surrounding me, some have been maintained to a decent standard. Will aim to capture some this year, and possibly set up a folder dedicated to Welsh Castles or ancient monuments. watch this space:- www.celticcompositions.co.uk
    Castle%20JPEG-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2015
    Like second one a lot Carl! Yu may have to work hard to get rid of some of the white spots and buildings but really cool!
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2015
    quite right, I forgot to clone the flood lights and housing out of the second shot. Job for a rainy day!

Cheers!
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2015
    I like the second. Love the colors! A dream vision! ��