Options

Renewing subscription

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited June 26, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,
I got the following mail today
Hello X and Y,  We thought you'd like to know that July 17th, 2014 will mark your 1st anniversary with SmugMug.  Unfortunately, it looks like your credit card has expired.  If you'd like to renew for another year, you can update your billing information in your SmugMug Account Settings (in the Me > Subscription tab):

I was just wondering what would happend if I would renew before the expiration date? Will I loos all my content
or once I renew it will be all available back.

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Hi,

When you update your credit card details, your account will renew on July 17th. Your account won't renew before this date. Your photos will be safe and you won't lose them by updating your credit card info before the renewal date.

if you don't renew your account, it will close and your photos will be deleted, after a short grace period.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2014
    what are the current update susbcription plans? Are any offer for renewing?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    You can change your account level at any time *prior* to your renewal date. To do that, go to the account settings > me > subscription section and click on change plan. Note that this will not work anymore once your renewal date is up.
    For an overview of the different account levels we offer, go here.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that in order to change your account level, you need to update your billing details on file first. That's regardless of what level you'd like to change to.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2014
    Hi I am thinking on moving on the nex category. Is there a video that can show what type of customization pro offers?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2014
    Our Power, Portfolio and Business account offer lots of customization features. You can check out the customizing section of our help center for more details. There's also an in-depth webinar on how to customize & design your New SmugMug site.

If you'd like to take a first hand look without upgrading, you could sign up for a new trial account using a different email address.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited June 26, 2014
    alaios wrote: »
    Is there a video that can show what type of customization pro offers?
    The top level used to be called "pro". That was changed a while back to "portfolio" and "business".

Go to this page and scroll down to see the features available at each account level - http://www.smugmug.com/features.

The customization available with power, portfolio, and pro is the same. The biggest difference is around the ability to sell photos for a profit, available on portfolio and business. Those two levels also offer the ability to watermark your photos. Scroll down to see the sections of the features chart that are only available for portfolio and business. The relevant sections are titled Commerce, Marketing, and Branding.

What level account do you have now?

--- Denise