Options

Looking for Squarespace users who have Smugmug

neens_waneens_wa Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited August 17, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi all!

I have my site hosted on Squarespace, tired of all the extra updating and babysitting req'd by Wordpress. Unfortunately, after I'd paid for a year and spent time building the new site, I learned I cannot display filenames in galleries on squarespace. I'm learning it's more of a "show me" place (portfolio) than any type of home for a serious photographic website. I could add the filename as a title, but who has that kind of time when galleries are easily 50-60 images per set? <sigh>

I realize SMUGMUG will work with squarespace, and I was a 'mug user many moons ago - but my question is... (and I do have one) The interface w/S-mug is wonderful, it worked like a charm... So I must ask:
Is there anyone out there using square space with a gallery link to smugmug?
My url is on Godaddy, so it's redirected to Squarespace.
I need to have client galleries that, upon selection, will present an image WITH a filename for discussion/selection.

I've been roun d and round w/S-Space, and would happily invest in smugmug - IF - I can be sure this need would be met, and I figure only a current user would have that experience.

Thanks so much for your time and energy, it is much appreciated!

Nina
3...2...1... You're back in the room

Comments

• Options
    KimVKimV Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2014
    neens_wa wrote: »
    Hi all!

I have my site hosted on Squarespace, tired of all the extra updating and babysitting req'd by Wordpress. Unfortunately, after I'd paid for a year and spent time building the new site, I learned I cannot display filenames in galleries on squarespace. I'm learning it's more of a "show me" place (portfolio) than any type of home for a serious photographic website. I could add the filename as a title, but who has that kind of time when galleries are easily 50-60 images per set? <sigh>

I realize SMUGMUG will work with squarespace, and I was a 'mug user many moons ago - but my question is... (and I do have one) The interface w/S-mug is wonderful, it worked like a charm... So I must ask:
    Is there anyone out there using square space with a gallery link to smugmug?
    My url is on Godaddy, so it's redirected to Squarespace.
    I need to have client galleries that, upon selection, will present an image WITH a filename for discussion/selection.

I've been roun d and round w/S-Space, and would happily invest in smugmug - IF - I can be sure this need would be met, and I figure only a current user would have that experience.

Thanks so much for your time and energy, it is much appreciated!

Nina
    Hi Nina, just looking into this myself, , I didnt know about the filenames so thanks :) Did you ever receive any responses to this?
    thanks, Kim