Options

Embedded Video Not Showing Up in Safari

beanmachinebeanmachine Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited June 25, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I've embedded video from a SmugMug gallery on a website using the Embedded Video Web link and in Chrome and Firefox everything looks great and the video plays as expected. However, if you view the same page in Safari, the video box is not even displayed - it just shows a blank space as if nothing is there! I've scoured the internet and have only found a few people posting about the same issue with no solutions so I'm at a loss as to what might be going on though I suspect it's a bug in Safari. Has anyone else encountered this and found a workaround?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    How about a link to the embedded video? ear.gif
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    Are you sure that Flash is installed for that copy of Safari?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    EiGraphicsEiGraphics Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2014
    Joomla
    I keep adding the code in joomla 3 but all I get is a black box.
    I haven't been able to figure out why. headscratch.gif
    http://kristinaatmc.com/
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    EiGraphics wrote: »
    I keep adding the code in joomla 3 but all I get is a black box.
    I haven't been able to figure out why. headscratch.gif
    http://kristinaatmc.com/

I am not sure what "joomla 3" is, but to embed a video, you drag a content block to your page (for either smugmug video, youtube video, or vimeo video).

No other embed options will work on new Smug.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2014
    Joomla is a content management system and clicking on the link EiGraphics included, you can see the site where he tried to embed the slideshow.

Problem seems to be that the embed code is not the same as you got it from the share button > show off feature. The code has been modified / shortened and thus no longer works. For the slideshow embed to work properly, the code would need to be left exactly as provided. You may have to check the settings in your Joomla to see if there's a way to prevent it from making any changes to our embed code.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2014
    Joomla is a content management system and clicking on the link EiGraphics included, you can see the site where he tried to embed the slideshow.

Problem seems to be that the embed code is not the same as you got it from the share button > show off feature. The code has been modified / shortened and thus no longer works. For the slideshow embed to work properly, the code would need to be left exactly as provided. You may have to check the settings in your Joomla to see if there's a way to prevent it from making any changes to our embed code.

Thanks. I see I misunderstood, he was asking about embedding a SM video on a non-SM site. I was thinking the other way around...