Text at Bottom of Slide Show Photos

StevenPituchStevenPituch Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 25, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi All,
Is there any way to auto hide the text at the bottom of the slide show photos since it hides the bottom of the photo? See https://pituch.smugmug.com/Portfolio/People/i-mPMs6NF/A

I am using the smugmug default where the tiles are on the left and the larger image is on the right. And when you click on the large image on the right it goes full screen and into a slide show.

Regards,
Steve Pituch

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2016
    Hi Steve,
    What you link to is the lightbox view. Do you refer to that or what comes up when you click on the play button - which would be the slideshow itself.
    You can customize settings for the lightbox going to a gallery via the customize > content and design screen. In the content tab on the side, hold your mouse over the lightbox item and click the wrench button. While it's not possible to hide the entire photo info / controls at the bottom, you could disable the "auto hide controls" setting, which should move them below the photo.
    Note that the info / controls fade out automatically if you don't move your mouse / use the keyboard.

In the slideshow, you could disable the caption via the same customize > content and design screen. Just hold your mouse over the gallery content and click the wrench button. In the dialog that comes up, click on slideshow style, which would allow you to adjust your gallery slideshow settings.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • StevenPituchStevenPituch Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 24, 2016
    Sebastian,
    Thank you for the guidance. I was not sure what the lightbox was but I think I have a handle on everything. I see now that when I don't touch the mouse the controls do fade out. On the Slideshow the title still is on top of the photo, but it doesn't look all that bad. It would be good if the background of the control panel was a little more transparent. But I think it's fine. Thanks.

Steve Pituch
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2016
    Hi Steve,
    You're welcome. In regards to the slideshow, the problem with making it more transparent is that while it may work on some photos, the text may not be readable on others as it heavily depends on the actual photo content. So reducing the transparency might result in the caption to badly or not readable at all for certain photos.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • StevenPituchStevenPituch Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2016
    Sebastian,
    Thanks again.
    Steve