Options

Two days of work.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited September 19, 2014 in People
This is how I spent two of my days........got a visual stimulated migraine......is that even possible.
About 56 photoshop layers......can you say "boy is my computer slow today"?

i-T637cnw-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2014
    Wow, I hope this is appreciated!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    Thanks for showing the work.

I can't imagine what it takes to put together an image like that.

If I may, what is the final size print? I hope it is huge and they pay big bucks for it.

Like to see a larger image if possible.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    It is a vinyl banner that is 24 x 72. I will down size it for their sales.

Not sure if this is larger.

i-T637cnw-X3.jpg
  • Options
    wtlwdwgnwtlwdwgn Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    I think my eyes would have retreated into my head in revolt past the 2nd or 3rd layer. :lol
    Steve
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    Hackbone wrote: »
    It is a vinyl banner that is 24 x 72. I will down size it for their sales.

Not sure if this is larger.

thanks for the stats. Well done!

Thanks for showing larger image too.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    Lucky guy! Gets to be the only one hanging out with all the babes!
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2014
    That is a great job, and I can imagine how much work that is. That is why i tend to refrain from commenting . You have put so much effort into it…thumb.gif
    But since you are posting it on a photography forum , I will make an observation.
    It would have been better if the headshots were not boxes in, and processed like the full body shots (blended background). But besides that a great job as far as I can see it.

Do you have somewhere the full or larger size (other then the one already shown) so that we can look at your PS skills ?
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    This is larger and thanks, I did find a few mistakes in spacing. My photoshop skills are limited severely to facial enhancements and others that I use often. I'm a great rough carpenter but not so as a fine woodworker.

Always feel free to critique. That is the only way one develops. Being a musician how do you get better, practice another hour.

http://hackbone.smugmug.com/photos/i-T637cnw/0/O/i-T637cnw.jpg
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    I like the background even though I'm not sure what pool water has to do with cheerleading. The full body shots work great. The portraits are fine headshots, but I would leave them off this banner and make the full body shots a lot bigger. There is way too much unused space and the awesome body shots are tiny. As is the headshots are redundant and distracting and it's inconsistent how the body shots have had their background removed but the headshots have not. But it would look even weirder if you removed the bg of the headshots, so I say get rid of the headshots altogether. No need for them.

The reflection is technically cool, but it's really not adding anything to the banner, and may not even be noticed from the typical viewing distance.

I'm not digging the font. It looks like the Cheerios font, was that on purpose? I think that's a derogatory term for cheerleaders? For sports I'm a big fan of a font called BlairMdITC, and giving it a stroke, drop shadow, emboss chisel hard, and maybe a skew to make it italic. I also don't like how the text on the top is solid, but the text on the bottom is translucent.

Again, the body shots are rockstar, so you have a solid foundation to build on. I'd like to see another draft.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    Coach wanted it to be a "clean" looking work, extra space is for the full bleed and fold for where the grommets will be going. I will crop it for individual copies. I looked at the font you suggest didn't see much difference. Appreciate the comments.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    Still, the cheerleaders are tiny. Here's an example of the font I mentioned - the vertical text on the left. It's a sans-serif, all-caps font, much different than your Times New Roman looking font.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2014
    I think the composite work is just great.

I have to agree with Jack though. I think I would like it a bunch better without the head shots. The full length shots would have more impact if they took up more realestate, at least in my beady little mind.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2014
    ugh would have taken me two months !!! congrats on awesome skills.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700