The Adventures of "The Coupe De Lou"

2»

Comments

• mglaielmglaiel Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2009

Time for more food.
    Uncle Bucks in Luray serves homemade food.
    I had half a rack of ribs with fried green tomatoes and mashed taters with gravy. Ye haww that was good.

Since this is tobacco country there is still smoking in the bars.
    The hotels also ask if you want smoking or non smoking rooms

Posted by Picasa

This is the first trip that I have taken with all this technology. Netbook computer, cell phone, GPS, 2 digital cameras, 8gig SD cards, 4 gig SD cards, power cords and adapters to charge everything up.

I have been able to look at maps on line, check the weather, check traffic, do the blog, keep in touch with texting , multimedia messages, plan routes with different times, plan to avoid highways, toll roads, interstate highways. I look for places with free wifi so I can keep connected.

I have found , motels, hotels, Bed and Breakfast, car dealers, restaurants, Starbucks all with the Internet or the GPS.

It sounds like a lot to grasp but the hardware is small light weight and doesn't take up a lot of space. It has also allowed me to bring all of you on this trip with me.

I still like my paper maps though. I won't give them up. I think they still give me a better sense of scale and where I am. I hope these maps never disappear. At the end of the day I still enjoy sitting with my folding map looking where I will wander tomorrow.
    edited July 19, 2009

Cody got to move the Coupe De Lou all by himself.

Hub caps R US

Posted by Picasa

The Coupe De Lou wanted his photo taken with Yogi !

Posted by Picasa

We are home !! YE HAW !!!

The Coupe De Lou brought us 1700 miles, through Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia,
    Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts.

WOW 12 states.

Tyler calculated that's 24 % of the country.

Hey that gives me an idea for more adventures. How about the Adventures of The Coupe De Lou through all 50 states !!!
    Anybody want to go along !
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    what a fun trip..the food looks so yummy.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited July 28, 2009
    It was a great trip !!

I feel that the food is part of the trip. I like to take the extra time to find a local place and take time to eat and enjoy. Most of the time the food is pretty good, sometimes it's not , but that is part of the adventure.

My kids are funny they have never liked Macdonald's or BK. We used to try an occasional Subway but they have seemed to go downhill recently.

This trip really gave them the taste for a "no plan" type of trip.