Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2014
    #3 is my fav. Interestingly, as I have never seen a field hockey match, (being on the West Coast, for some reason Field Hockey and Lacrosse are not played out here), in the photos of other matches with younger players, the participants were wearing helmets and face guards. Is this protective gear optional at the college level?

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2014
    #3 is a cracker! Great lines/power/balance/movement
    Super range of scenes - good diversity.
    Nice low angle
    Most enjoyable ... thanks.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    the participants were wearing helmets and face guards. Is this protective gear optional at the college level?

Gary

I don't know but in lacrosse there are different rules for men & women (contact, equipment, players, etc.) so the game is different and the men need to wear helmets and protective gear
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    Brett1000 wrote: »
    I don't know but in lacrosse there are different rules for men & women (contact, equipment, players, etc.) so the game is different and the men need to wear helmets and protective gear

At many of the high school and rec programs, goggles have been mandated for about 4 or 5 years now. Kind of a controversial decision, with some saying they cause other issues and dangers. Collegiate and some club tournaments do not use goggles. I think some international women's lacrosse also play without goggles. Goggles, helmets, concussion s are huge topics for followers of those womens sports.
    Regards

Will
    PS: really nice shots!
    Regards

Will
    I also think #3 is the pick of this crop. Very nice.
    What Will said about the eye protection. It's mandated by high school associations. The adoption was generally opposed by the field hockey community, but the high schools' athletic associations knuckled under to fears of lawsuits if they didn't adopt some protective gear, even if that gear might lead to more injuries.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.