Options

New smug doesn't seems able to arrange

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited February 26, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Why is it in new smug, organise > sort manually (ie dragging pictures around) > done, it doesn't seems to arrange the order you want and always ended up in random order other than the sequence you have just arranged. I have to revert back to the old smug and drag to arrange and faced no problem.

I'm doing up my new smug now and it already happened to a few of my galleries.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2015
    A gallery sort setting will override an Organizer sort. Make sure in your gallery settings that sort
    is set to "Position". There used to be a "sort by organizer" but I guess they removed it from the drop.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2015
    Tks Allen for reply.

But in new smug, I had always already set to "sort manually". Anyway I just realised even it seems its my default setting, I hv to go thru the motion of clicking sort manually again before I start sorting. Sometimes it work, sometimes it don't. Just to be safe, I sort only a few and see how it goes. If its ok, than I continue sorting the rest. Rather strange this happening. Its there a bug?

i-zW6N6hf.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2015
    david-low wrote: »
    Tks Allen for reply.

But in new smug, I had always already set to "sort manually". Anyway I just realised even it seems its my default setting, I hv to go thru the motion of clicking sort manually again before I start sorting. Sometimes it work, sometimes it don't. Just to be safe, I sort only a few and see how it goes. If its ok, than I continue sorting the rest. Rather strange this happening. Its there a bug?
    What's the sort setting in that galleries "gallery settings"?
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2015
    In the old smug, the sort setting under gallery setting is only ascending or descending order. However, once you arrange using "drag to arrange", it will override, isn't it? Thats what I hv been doing the last 7 yrs in the old smug and faced no problem.

In the new smug, I'd would hv thought once you set to sort manually (as seen fr above attach pic), than it shld appear in the sequence that I hv sorted. isn't it? Can't be going thru a list of menu just to get it sorted the way I want. Anyway, I went to Gallery Setting in the new smug as mentioned by you, there is nothing concerning sorting.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited February 25, 2015
    Anyway, I went to Gallery Setting in the new smug as mentioned by you, there is nothing concerning sorting.
    Sorting must be set in gallery settings as well as in the organizer.

In gallery settings, click the APPEARANCE tab on the side. There are 2 related settings on that tab, Sort by, and Sort direction.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2015
    Sorting must be set in gallery settings as well as in the organizer.

In gallery settings, click the APPEARANCE tab on the side. There are 2 related settings on that tab, Sort by, and Sort direction.

--- Denise

Tks Denise,

I'm still exploring and didn't know its embeded under appearance. Does it means when I wish to change to filename, I hv to do it twice? One under gallery setting and the other in the organiser?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited February 25, 2015
    Tks Denise,

I'm still exploring and didn't know its embeded under appearance. Does it means when I wish to change to filename, I hv to do it twice? One under gallery setting and the other in the organiser?
    The setting under gallery setting defines how the gallery is displayed. If you want to change it to by filename in both the organizer and in the display, yes, you have to set it in both places.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2015
    Set the gallery sort to "position" and the Organizer sort will be relevant. Any gallery setting overrides the Organizer sort.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2015
    Tks Allen and Denise,

Understood