Small bag

wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
edited November 7, 2006 in Accessories
I've been looking for a small bag (body + attached long lens or body + 2 shorter lenses) for family day trips, etc. My only current bag is a Tamrac Expedition 5, which I love, but is too much sometimes.

I've been considering the Tamrac 517, but before I pull the trigger, I thought I'd ask for some opinions. I'm just looking for a small, easy-to-manage bag to tote a minimum of stuff when photography isn't the main point of an outing. Thanks!

Comments

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    I've used Lowepro bags alot...and I know of a fellow with a yahoo auction with some models...I've purchased from him in the past. Here's a model that sounds like what you need. Tell him Doug Swam sent you...

Nova1AW_LA_n.gif

popflash1-img576x544-lownova1red1.jpg?auAmqsLBJtQc5I0w

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    I just bought this, the Tamrac Adventure Messenger 4. Perfect little bag for a quick trip. It is not at all bulky and doesnt really look like a camera bag, and is very easy to carry. I can fit my Rebel XT, one lens attached (even the 70-200) and carry the other two lenses, or two lenses and a flash.

5534la.gif5534m_closed.jpg
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    lowTopLoadZm1Green1.jpg

If you want really small, I like this one. It holds a RebelXT, my Tamron 28-70 lens, a couple CF card and an extra battery, lens cleaning cloth etc.

I like using it for travel with the minimum.

Looks like its on sale sfor $10 - cant be beat.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    I have a lowepro Micro Trekker 100. I can get my Rebel XT with my f/2.8L 70-200 on it as well as my 580EX flash, strap, battery charger for my AAs and my Camera, about 6 CF cards, media pass, and various other stuff.

If I carry the lens seperate (I want a slip lock case for it) I can get 2 other lenses in the bag.

MicroTrekker100_LA_n.gif
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    I have a Lowepro MiniTrekker 100 which is good for outings where photography isn't the main focus. But it's a little harder to work out of. I also have the Nova 3 AW, which is fairly easy to access and is small enough to not be a bother to carry. I would recommend either one. (Although I now have my eye on the Crumpler 7 million dollar home bag).
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    canon gave me a bag similar those... carries one SLR with lens mouned and has room for two other items...
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    I am not sure how small you want your bag to be but for me I am using a Crumpler Tallee for everyday use. With this bag I only carry the following, my sigma flash, Canon Rebel XT, batteries, sigma 70-300, Canon 50mm and Tamron 19-35mm, plus memory cards. My little table top tripod can even fit in there
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro