Options

Problem with creating a link to hidden galleries within a folder

James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited June 27, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
I have created a folder containing several hidden galleries. I want to send a link to that folder which will then allow navigation to any of the hidden galleries within the folder. This does not work (obviously, it works for me when I am logged in).
Rather than having to send a separate link for each individual gallery, is there a way to define a single link which will point to the folder and allow access to all its contained galleries?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited June 27, 2016
    If you send a link to a folder with someone, only public galleries in that folder will be shown.

If you want to share unlisted galleries you might try using a sharegroup. See the help page Can I share multiple unlisted galleries with one link?

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2016
    I have created a folder containing several hidden galleries. I want to send a link to that folder which will then allow navigation to any of the hidden galleries within the folder. This does not work (obviously, it works for me when I am logged in).
    Rather than having to send a separate link for each individual gallery, is there a way to define a single link which will point to the folder and allow access to all its contained galleries?
    As Denise says. Might also put a link back to the sharegroup page in the gallery description of all these unlisted galleries.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2016
    Thank you very much Denise and Allen for your prompt and helpful responses.
    I shall give it a whirl.