Options

How to set the order of "Items I Choose" in Folders, Galleries & Pages content block

BluegrassBluegrass Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited June 27, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Hi -

I need to know how to be able to "set the order" of the items I display in a "Folders, Galleries & Pages" content block on the New SmugMug.

Here are the steps I took. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?

1. I added a "Folders, Galleries & Pages" content block to the sample page I am experimenting with at
http://www.pearlbluegrass.com/Sample-Page-Experiment/n-L387CC

2. I clicked on "Customize" and then "Content & Design"

3. I clicked the wrench on the "Folders, Galleries & Pages" content block I had added

4. Under "Select From" menu I clicked on "Items I Choose"

5. Under "Items", I selected 6 different items, one at a time.
- The items started out in the order I selected them in
- But by the time I selected the last couple all of the images rearranged themselves

Question:
======
Can anyone tell me how to get the images to show up on my page in the order I selected them or tell me a way that I can reorder them after the fact?

Thank you for your help!
...Sue

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited September 19, 2015
    There have been several threads about this issue. I finally gave up trying to control the order.

See related:
    > Gallery Order, specifically this post
    > Improved 'Items I Choose' interface
    > feature request New Smugmug: Need a better way to sort galleries in the "Galleries I Choose" option

I would love to see this issue resolved.

--- Denise
  • Options
    BluegrassBluegrass Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2015
    There have been several threads about this issue. I finally gave up trying to control the order.

See related:
    > Gallery Order, specifically this post
    > Improved 'Items I Choose' interface
    > feature request New Smugmug: Need a better way to sort galleries in the "Galleries I Choose" option

I would love to see this issue resolved.

--- Denise

Hi, Denise -

Thank you so much for the links to information about this problem. I did try searching for a solution on DGrin before making this post but did not find the links you sent me. It's good to know that this problem has already been brought to SmugMug's attention but sure seems like it has been going on for a very long time (since 2013) with no solution.

I pretty much came to the same conclusion as you - to either give up on trying to control the order (which I hate to do) or possibly add separate content blocks for Galleries, Pages, and Folders (but I hate to lose the cohesive content block boundary around them all).

After I wrote this post and waited a couple days I tried doing a Chat Session with a SmugMug hero to find out if I was just doing something wrong. They worked with me to reproduce the problem I was seeing and ended up opening a bug report.

I will forward your good summary of past discussion about this problem which maybe she can add to the bug report and hopefully that might increase the priority of getting a fix.

Thanks again,
    ...Sue
  • Options
    g2iSiteg2iSite Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2016
    Figured It Out
    Figured out 5 minutes after posting, after 1 hour of trying to figure it out before posting. wings.gif

If you use the "Folders, Galleries, and Pages" Content Blog, with choose folder, you get the option to display by date modified, and away you go!
    Bluegrass wrote: »
    Hi -

I need to know how to be able to "set the order" of the items I display in a "Folders, Galleries & Pages" content block on the New SmugMug.

Here are the steps I took. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?

1. I added a "Folders, Galleries & Pages" content block to the sample page I am experimenting with at
    http://www.pearlbluegrass.com/Sample-Page-Experiment/n-L387CC

2. I clicked on "Customize" and then "Content & Design"

3. I clicked the wrench on the "Folders, Galleries & Pages" content block I had added

4. Under "Select From" menu I clicked on "Items I Choose"

5. Under "Items", I selected 6 different items, one at a time.
    - The items started out in the order I selected them in
    - But by the time I selected the last couple all of the images rearranged themselves

Question:
    ======
    Can anyone tell me how to get the images to show up on my page in the order I selected them or tell me a way that I can reorder them after the fact?

Thank you for your help!
    ...Sue