Business Portrait

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited June 17, 2015 in People
Final edits have not been done yet. C&C welcome, thanks.

5D3_6748-X3.jpg

5D3_6749-X3.jpg

5D3_6733-X3.jpg

5D3_6735-X3.jpg

5D3_6753-X3.jpg

5D3_6756-X3.jpg

Thanks for looking!
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2015
    Light and expression are fine in all of them. Crisp and clean - I'll bet he's happy with them.

My only nit is the bookcase - it's "present" enough that it dissects his head and/or decapitates him. I've dealt with this problem and never quite come up with a solution other than to shoot as shallow as possible and even clone out the edges as much as I can.

In the outdoor ones I'd probably add an opaque feathered vignette to tone down the bright background just a tad.
  • CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2015
    #2, 4, 5 are my favorite poses. I might like a little more fill lighting for the shadows on camera right, though, and if space is available move him away from the bookcase to blur it a little more, along the lines of Divamum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2015
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2015
    Thanks. I agree the bookcase is not ideal, but it was the best indoor setting we had available and it was a tight space. About 8x10' with a table in the middle.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2015
    Thanks. I agree the bookcase is not ideal, but it was the best indoor setting we had available and it was a tight space. About 8x10' with a table in the middle.

Am just wondering if the door(way?) offered any better background options ... or was it as naff as the bookcases?

Or even shooting through the doorway to alter cam / subject / bkgnd distances?

Window?

pp
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2015
    Thanks for the thoughts, but this was the best I could do in the space provided. There was no window either.
    -Jack