PSCS5 vs 32 bit plugins

chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
edited March 26, 2011 in Digital Darkroom
Hi Gang,

So, I just bought a new computer running Windows 7 (Intel Core i5 2300 processor, 6 gigs of RAM, 1.5 TB hard drive):barb.

I also downloaded and installed PS CS5 and moved my plugins, filters, actions, etc from the old computer to the CS5 plugins folders. However the filters refused to show up in the filters drop down menu in CS5.

I have since read that 32 bit plugins will not run in the 64 bit version of CS5 which is a real bummer since I use certain filters, especially Noiseware Professional, very often.

I've poked around to find a 32 bit version of CS5 but haven't seen one. Does one exist? Or, do I have to go back to CS3 to use my filters? Or, is there another solution? Or, did I just screw up somewhere along the line?

As always, thanks for your help.

EDIT:
Never mind, I think. I just learned how to open CS5 in 32 bit mode and the filters show up just fine now.
Chuck Cannova
www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited March 25, 2011
    Noiseware has a 64-bit version for Windows.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    I got both a 32 bit and 64 bit version when I got CS4.....all under exact same licenseheadscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif did Adobe stop doing that??

I still have an XP machine with Photoshop 7 where i have over 2500 different effects plug-ins stored...to costly to upgrade them........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2011
    CS5 can be opened in ether 32 bit or 64 bit mode.

I can't remember how to do it right now, but I seem to remember right clicking on the program file and going to preferences, then choosing.

Sam