Thanks for Viewing,
Gary

PS- All shot with a Fuji XT1.
My snaps can be found here:
Unsharp at any Speed

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2014
    Some nice shots. So.... are you looking for constructive criticism or just a pat on the back?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    Some nice shots. So.... are you looking for constructive criticism or just a pat on the back?

I am always looking for a pat on the back ... but I take some constructive criticism also.

Gary
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    These are nice. I maybe would have liked a little shallower DOF just to blur the background a bit more and draw more attention to the little guy.
    Regards

Will
    wmstumme wrote: »
    These are nice. I maybe would have liked a little shallower DOF just to blur the background a bit more and draw more attention to the little guy.

Thanks.

So would I, but I'm shooting Fuji and the longest lens they have right now is a 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 ... these are around 4.8. Additionally, I wanted some movement blur. So presently I'm stuck with the system I have.

_GA11735-XL.jpg

Fuji is coming out with faster and longer lenses. I just have to be patient.

Gary
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    What about your 1Ds?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    What about your 1Ds?

Hey Jack,

They're just fine. I'm getting aquatinted with the XT1. As these are not for publication ... I'm just hanging out with my grandson and grabbing a few snaps. Nothing serious, for soccer I sit in a chair near midfield and never move (how serious is that?). If I want I can shoot all day long at f/2.8 ... but while the FF and f/2.8 will deliver a technically superior image ... for my purposes and market (family), the IQ differences between a 1D and a XT1 are not significant. Besides, I am enjoying the learning curve with the mirrorless. Surprisingly and certainly, a mirrorless is much different than a dSLR. I am enjoying the challenge of capturing action, which most feel is only in the backyard of the dSLR, with mirrorless. (Granted, T-Ball isn't much of a challenge, but I've just started.)

So when Magnum calls and requests that I shoot T-Ball ... I'll dust off the 1Ds ... until then I'll appreciate the challenge, the weight and the IQ of the X cameras.

Gary

_GA11801.jpg

_GA11600-XL.jpg
    Unsharp at any Speed