phpSmug / wordpress plugin

vthokiestmvthokiestm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
For a while now, I've been pining for a solution to integrate my smugmug galleries into my Wordpress driven web-site (kindof like Falbum allows with Flickr). There seem to be a bunch of kludgey ways to do it using an RSS feed, but nothing really that elegant or easy to maintain. I've been keeping track of the thread about a wordpress plugin, but it seems pretty much dead.

Therefore, I'm thinking of starting a couple projects to accomplish this. The first step I'm thinking of would be to make a php toolkit similar to phpFlickr with all of the API functions. Then I'll work on the wordpress plugin.

Just wanted to check to see if there's any interest out there for this stuff (if so I'll probably start a sourceforge project for it), and to make one last check that no one has already done these things.

-Brian

Comments

• Scott BuelScott Buel Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    vthokiestm wrote:
    For a while now, I've been pining for a solution to integrate my smugmug galleries into my Wordpress driven web-site (kindof like Falbum allows with Flickr). There seem to be a bunch of kludgey ways to do it using an RSS feed, but nothing really that elegant or easy to maintain. I've been keeping track of the thread about a wordpress plugin, but it seems pretty much dead.

Therefore, I'm thinking of starting a couple projects to accomplish this. The first step I'm thinking of would be to make a php toolkit similar to phpFlickr with all of the API functions. Then I'll work on the wordpress plugin.

Just wanted to check to see if there's any interest out there for this stuff (if so I'll probably start a sourceforge project for it), and to make one last check that no one has already done these things.

-Brian

wave.gif I'd be interested.

-Scott
    Check out my galleries : scenes from the past

Scan Cafe: let the pros do it
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 15, 2006
    Hi vthokiestm,

Before you go to the effort of creating a SourceForge project for phpSmug, i thought that I would let you know that a php api is in development, which could reduce some of your effort.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 22, 2006
    fyi, serialized php version of the API (1.2.0) is now available.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos