Options

Adding Site Map?

GolfnutGolfnut Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited June 17, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Is there a method for adding a site map that is tuned for Google? I have turned on the Google Search Visibility, but in the information provided on the Google Webmaster Tools, it says that my site doesn't have a site map.

Comments

• Options
    Hero AmandaHero Amanda Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2014
    Hi Golfnut,

Once you verify your site through your Google Webmaster Tools and add the information to your Account Settings, it can take a few days for everything to show up. This page will show you how: http://smu.gs/1vx6S6U

If you'd like help more specific to your account, please email us at help@smugmug.com so we can verify your account and access your settings.

All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero
    All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2014
    In Google Webmaster tools, I had to manually click the 'add sitemap' button to add "/sitemap-index.xml" as a sitemap. You might need to do the same.
  • Options
    BananachipBananachip Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2015
    Sitemap
    Hi Golfnut,

Once you verify your site through your Google Webmaster Tools and add the information to your Account Settings, it can take a few days for everything to show up. This page will show you how: http://smu.gs/1vx6S6U

If you'd like help more specific to your account, please email us at help@smugmug.com so we can verify your account and access your settings.

All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero

Hello Amanda

As you probably can tell from my following questions I'm a novice. Can I just ask you a question re sitemap? When I verify my site using google does my sitemap appear in google dashboard/sitemap? If so how long will it take to appear? It's empty at the moment. Or do I have to manually add it? If so how do I do it?

thanks
    Glenn