Options

Output Sharpening removed from the Lightroom plugin?!

brianbbrianb Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited June 28, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I just realized that the Output Sharpening option has been removed from the Smugmug Plugin for Lightroom (not sure exactly what version or when it was removed). Maybe this was discussed before and I missed it (search didn't turn up anything).

The answer I got from the support hero was "It was confusing and sharpening should be done using Lightroom sharpening, not the plugin". :huh The different types of sharpening are used for different things in LR, and it is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Does this mean that for all print options done through Smugmug (even when no corrections are supposedly made), the print service is applying their own sharpening? That would be the only suitable explanation, because if I am using Lightroom, I want to have all of it's features available, not a dumbed down version that's limiting what I should be able to do.

The only way to use output sharpening with Smugmug now is to export to a local folder (or some other service that provides the option), then upload via some other means, negating the benefit of the plugin!

See Scott Kelby's post for a brief overview that goes over the different types of sharpening for more info.

Please add back this option ASAP!

Brian

/CC Feature Request forum