Options

LR6 / LRCC Lightroom Smugmug Plugin Upload - Unauthorized

jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
edited June 5, 2015 in Bug Reporting
Last week I upgraded from LR5 to LRCC (have been using LR+smugmug upload plugin daily for several years across various platforms).

After moving to LRCC, my galleries are uploading a good bit slower, and I'm getting annoying mouse movement/performance delays and the wheel of fortune rainbow (Mac Pro 3.7 Ghz Xeon E5, 32GB RAM, OSX 10.9.3 and smugmug plugin 2.2.5).

In the past I have been able to upload several galleries at the same time, but after moving to LRCC uploading is crawling-slow (speedtest.net this morning shows my connection at 92 Mbps download and 95 Mbps upload speeds).

Two additional issues that are new since the move to LRCC:

1) Some galleries do not completely upload, yet the status bar shows them as complete (this is not an issue of adding images to the galleries after starting the upload)

2) Every other upload or so, I get a pop-up error message from LR that says "Some export operations were not performed. Unauthorized (# of files) - (and a list of the files)".

Any help / tips? I wasn't able to find anything that references what "unauthorized" actually means regarding this upload error. Eventually if I continue to re-publish the galleries the rest of the images slowly upload, but it's definitely a productivity killer.
John in Georgia
Nikon | Private Photojournalist

Comments

• Options
    Insane NinjaInsane Ninja Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2015
    his 2 issues, but also..

3, All the Radial buttons options are now per-page. meaning when i check "yes" on "Smugmug Searchable"... it disables yes and no, on both "Web Searchable" and "Hide Owner". Or vice versa. All the radial buttons are wacky now, sharing the same ID.

2.2.5 is VERY buggy.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2015
    FWIW, the SM uploader plugin is insanely slower today... basically can't do anything within LRCC while trying to upload galleries (one at a time) and each gallery is only uploading a few images at a time before returning the 'unauthorized' error.
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2015
    LR6 / LRCC Error Lightroom Smugmug Plugin Upload - Unauthorized
    Apologies in advance for the cross-posting, original thread is here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=253147

Workflow related, but appears to be a bug w/ the SM LR plugin.

Last week I upgraded from LR5 to LRCC (have been using LR+smugmug upload plugin daily for several years across various platforms).

After moving to LRCC, my galleries are uploading a good bit slower, and I'm getting annoying mouse movement/performance delays and the wheel of fortune rainbow (Mac Pro 3.7 Ghz Xeon E5, 32GB RAM, OSX 10.9.3 and smugmug plugin 2.2.5).

In the past I have been able to upload several galleries at the same time, but after moving to LRCC uploading is crawling-slow (speedtest.net this morning shows my connection at 92 Mbps download and 95 Mbps upload speeds).

Two additional issues that are new since the move to LRCC:

1) Some galleries do not completely upload, yet the status bar shows them as complete (this is not an issue of adding images to the galleries after starting the upload)

2) Every other upload or so, I get a pop-up error message from LR that says "Some export operations were not performed. Unauthorized (# of files) - (and a list of the files)".

Any help / tips? I wasn't able to find anything that references what "unauthorized" actually means regarding this upload error. Eventually if I continue to re-publish the galleries the rest of the images slowly upload, but it's definitely a productivity killer.

FWIW, the SM uploader plugin is insanely slower today... basically can't do anything within LRCC while trying to upload galleries (one at a time) and each gallery is only uploading a few images at a time before returning the 'unauthorized' error.
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2015
    I just tried it. Windows 8.1, LR CC 2015, Plugin 2.2.5.0. I uploaded 40 images (or tried) and it took about 6 minnutes on a 20mbs upload circuit. These are D800 (36mpx) images so pretty large. I don't have a benchmark to compare but that doesn't seem unreasonable.

HOWEVER... I only got 36 images there. I got no errors, but 4 images were still showing in the "new images to be published".

I turned on logging and did another publish (no other changes) and they uploaded fine, of course -so no useful debugging data.

Will try again in a bit when I get some time.

PS. I am not getting any problems with the dialog box, either the create gallery or the publish plugin settings. I was even pleasantly surprised to see the "person" check box present.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2015
    So I tried again this time with 66 images, some a bit smaller (square not 3:2) but still D800 images, so fairly large.

I dragged them into the collection for a freshly created gallery, saw the image count update, hit publish. Worked perfectly. Took about 8 minutes.

I did another with 51 images, same thing, this time it uploaded only 49. I had logging enabled but.... there was nothing in the log. I don't know what that means.

Did another with 113 images, same thing -- this time 111 uploaded. I had logging enabled but no log -- BUT, I think maybe I needed to restart LR (or maybe reload), and I had not done that. I just did, trying again.

So again with 105 images. Got 102 uploaded, the 3 missing were random, and this time I DID get a log.

I'll open a ticket with Smugmug help (I don't feel comfortable posting the log here, not sure how private the info is in it).
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2015
    Ferguson wrote: »
    So I tried again this time with 66 images, some a bit smaller (square not 3:2) but still D800 images, so fairly large.

I dragged them into the collection for a freshly created gallery, saw the image count update, hit publish. Worked perfectly. Took about 8 minutes.

I did another with 51 images, same thing, this time it uploaded only 49. I had logging enabled but.... there was nothing in the log. I don't know what that means.

Did another with 113 images, same thing -- this time 111 uploaded. I had logging enabled but no log -- BUT, I think maybe I needed to restart LR (or maybe reload), and I had not done that. I just did, trying again.

So again with 105 images. Got 102 uploaded, the 3 missing were random, and this time I DID get a log.

I'll open a ticket with Smugmug help (I don't feel comfortable posting the log here, not sure how private the info is in it).

Thanks for checking - these are also D800 images, same settings in the SM LR Plugin that I have used for quite a while. I sync and upload a dozen or so galleries daily (full time commercial photography) and this is definitely different than it has been working in the past.

Occasionally on a slower connection uploading several galleries at the same time (maybe with a few videos / HDR panoramas or other really large files thrown in) I'll see a hiccup or timed-out uploading error message but it's never been this "unauthorized" message that I'm seeing now.
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2015
    By the way, the error I got was a 401 though it only showed in the log, nowhere on the screen. That's an authorization error as well.

I got an acknowledgement from a human for the ticket and they said they were passing it on to the lightroom team. My experience has been that the plugin problems get fixed at warp speed compared to main system issue (but of course this may be in the main system's services).
  • Options
    SmugMugHeroPamelaSmugMugHeroPamela Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2015
    Hi guys,

I too am experiencing this and I've sent an email over to QA to take a look. I had issues over the weekend not only with having to keep hitting republish several times for all the images to finally upload but a couple other creating gallery quirks. As soon as I hear from QA, I'll keep you posted. :D I don't have issues with the version before the latest LR update, just this new one. I have LR on a couple different computers.
    ~Pamela
    SmugMugHero
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited April 28, 2015
    Hi John,
    Our lightroom developer is out of the office for a bit and is our best resource in diving deeper into this. I see you're using the latest version of the SM Publish Plugin (2.2.5) and the speedtest does show strong upload speeds. I was able to upload through the plugin without any speed problems just now, however, issue #1 did occur for me. I had 20 photos to re-publish to a gallery ... I clicked Publish to republish them and only about half uploaded, although LR marked the entire publish task as complete. I clicked Publish again, LR completed and I still have 3 remaining. Clicking publish yet again finally completed the publish. We had been testing the publish plugin against the LR6 (LRCC) beta's and I'll discuss this as soon as our developer returns. Stay tuned ... especially since I have my own vested interest!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2015
    Our lightroom developer is out of the office for a bit and is our best resource in diving deeper into this. I was able to upload through the plugin without any speed problems just now, however, issue #1 did occur for me. I had 20 photos to re-publish to a gallery ... I clicked Publish to republish them and only about half uploaded, although LR marked the entire publish task as complete. I clicked Publish again, LR completed and I still have 3 remaining. Clicking publish yet again finally completed the publish. We had been testing the publish plugin against the LR6 (LRCC) beta's and I'll discuss this as soon as our developer returns. Stay tuned!
    dGrin Afficionado
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2015
    [Note]: I've merged the 2 threads and moved them into the Bug Reporting forum. Please continue to monitor this thread as we look into the issue.
    dGrin Afficionado
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2015
    Any update?

Mine hasn't missed in the last few uploads, did it get fixed?
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2015
    Any update?

Still having the issue as of this afternoon (Thursday)
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2015
    Any update?

The fix for this will come sometime after Monday and I'll be sure to let you all know as soon as it's fixed! I know there's a lot of you waiting on this (including myself!)
    dGrin Afficionado
  • Options
    photosbygerryphotosbygerry Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2015
    I am suffering from these problems too. That is, slow uploads, some photos being skipped on any given publish operation, only one radio button can be selected.
    Gerry

photosbygerry.smugmug.com
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 4, 2015
    his 2 issues, but also..

3, All the Radial buttons options are now per-page. meaning when i check "yes" on "Smugmug Searchable"... it disables yes and no, on both "Web Searchable" and "Hide Owner". Or vice versa. All the radial buttons are wacky now, sharing the same ID.

2.2.5 is VERY buggy.

Please note, this is due to Adobe changing how the Lightroom SDK works with LR6 on Mac. It has always and still works perfectly well on LR3, LR4 and LR5....as well as LR6 on Windows.

If you upgrade to 2.2.6, this issue should be resolved.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2015
    jhelms wrote: »
    Still having the issue as of this afternoon (Thursday)

John,

Are you still getting the Unauthorized errors when uploading ?

If so, can you please enable Logging and then restart LR....and then do some uploading until you receive that error.

Lightroom-Plug-in-Manager.png

You will find a logfile "SmugMug LrPublish.log" in your documents drectory.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2015
    David briefly mentioned it above but I wanted to make sure everyone saw that the SmugMug Publish Plugin version 2.2.6 has been released and should resolve the radio button and upload issues. If you are still having plugin issues please follow the steps above to enable logging and provide us with the log file.

The latest version can be installed directly from Adobe Creative Cloud or by following the instructions here:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321
    dGrin Afficionado
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2015
    I installed Smugmug Plugin 2.2.6 and tried some gallery edits and a modified photo upload and a new photo upload. The radio buttons seem to work again. The modified photo upload took two attempts before it uploaded. The new photo upload failed. I enabled the logfile and tried two more times. Both failed ie no upload but also no apparent error.

Where do I send the logfile?
    Gerry

• Options
    edited May 6, 2015
    A bit of extra information. When I clicked on publish to upload the new photo, there was high cpu utilisation (around 220% on m iMac i3 3.06Mhz) for a few seconds but little to no network traffic. Building previews for similar images (X100s raw) utilizes cpu around 180-220%).

Makes me wonder if there is a timing issue such that the rendering is not completed before the transfer times out?
    Gerry

• Options
    edited May 6, 2015
    I found another gallery which had som modified photos (10 in this case). It took a total of 5 publish attempts to upload all photos. First attempt uploaded pics 1 and 9. Second attempt uploaded pics 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10. Third attempt uploaded pics 2 and 3. Fourth attempt did not upload any. Fifth attempt uploaded pic 8. The history for each pic shows an upload timestamp for each attempt that the pic was available for upload (ie pics 1 and 9 had one history entry, pics 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 had 2 history timestamps, pics 2 and 3 had 3 timestamps each and pic 8 had 5 timestamps!

I took another log file of this sequence.
    Gerry

• Options
    edited May 6, 2015
    The problem is not fixed for me -- I just exported 116 and got a popup of 4 that said "unauthorized". This is a change for me, in the past it just left them behind, no popup. But with 2.2.6.0 it still fails.

I'll send the log via a pointer to Devbobo via PM.

Wait... correction --- it's WORSE than it was, substantially. Of the 116 photos it actually missed 30 of them only 4 of which gave an explicit error on the UI. But 30 did not publish.

At least in one try significantly worse in 2.2.6.0 on windows 8.1 CC 2015 (the 6.0.1 version).

Followup: Of the 30, next publish moved 21, error given on 2, 9 remained.

Of the 9 remaining, next publish moved 5, left 4 (one error).

Of the remaining four, next publish moved 3, left one (but no errors).

And the next publish managed to push the last one.

That's pretty darn awful!
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2015
    Thanks for the debug info, I believe we have tracked down and resolved the problem.

I'm in the process of bundling up the release to push it live.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2015
    Version 2.2.7.0 is live, which should resolve this issue.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2015
    Thanks David.

I have installed 2.2.7 and am just uploading a new gallery with 76 photos. Everything seems to be going ok.
    Gerry

• Options
    edited May 7, 2015
    I think it's fixed, but there is still an issue, however I was getting this issue in 5.7 as well.

I did a few hundred photos and all but one uploaded. The one that did not said "A connection with the server could not be established".

Now... I realize that could be my internet connection and there's no way to prove it is not, but... it is not.

Here's the log for the one photo that failed, it was buried in the middle with all that rest (truncating some of the long strings as not sure if there is private stuff in them):

05/07/2015 16:05:50 DEBUG Render complete: s:\FergusonTemp\D0247D73-8A89-462F-B76B-A583738BD0E3\FGCU v Stetson 01-04-2014 - 20140104_DSC_6912.jpg
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.callMethod - start
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG Timestamp Offset: 0
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG Base: GET&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.smugmug.com%2Fapi%2Fv2%21authuser...
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG GET: https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2!authuser?_verbosity=1&_accept=ap....
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG HTTP Status: 401
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG {"Code":401,"Message":"oauth_problem=nonce_used"}
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.callMethod - start
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG Timestamp Offset: 0
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG Base: GET&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.smugmug.com%2Fapi%2Fv2%21authuser.....
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG GET: https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2!authuser?_verbosity=1&_accept=ap....
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG HTTP Status: none
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG {"Code":1000,"Message":"A connection with the server could not be established\r\n","stat":"noresponse"}
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.callMethod - end
    05/07/2015 16:05:51 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.callMethod - end
    05/07/2015 16:05:58 DEBUG Wait for render

Notice the auth message before the no-connection.

Again... I get that internet connections sometimes fail, but mine runs awfully clean, Smugmug's runs awfully clean, and I've been seeing this "connection" error for some time. Different problem? Related?

I'll send up a few hundred more and see. It is absolutely, positively much better, maybe even completely fixed for the original problem (+/- what you see in that log file).
  • Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2015
    Ferguson, just because your error-log and your description look awfully similar to what I have seen last week (or the week before) but no matter what before the 2.6 plugin version at least: could it be that you have been logged in to your smug mug page while doing these uploads? (Logged in not only via the LR-plugin as that would be obviously necessary, but via your browser as well.) If so the recommendation I got was to not upload via the plugin while being logged in via a browser simultaneously as this somehow caused some of those connection failures.
    Since then I have been very well-behaved (only in this matter of course ;-)) and had no problems ever since.

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2015
    Lille, no, I was not logged into smugmug at all, I was off doing other work at the time.

I just did a few hundred more without error, then set up a run of 300. After about 30 it failed with a new error (the seek-past error). Here's the log portion for that:

05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG Base: GET&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.smugmug.com%2Fapi%2Fv2%21authuser....
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG GET: https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2!authuser?_verbosity=1&_accept=application%2Fjson&oauth.....
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG HTTP Status: 200
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.callMethod - end
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.uploadPhoto - start
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG Timestamp Offset: 0
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG Base: PUT&http%3A%2F%2Fupload.smugmug.com%2FLittle%2520Eddie%2520a....
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG HTTP Status: 504
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG Upload Time: 1s (Timeout: 300s)
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG Upload Bandwidth: 455.21 mbps
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG 2405053
    05/07/2015 17:32:12 DEBUG null

So I think there's still something weird going on, but it is MUCH better.

Again, it is fair to note that for months and maybe years I would get these kind of messages intermittently, and just hit "publish" again, so I am not sure these are new. But while we're on a roll flushing out errors....
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2015
    Did a few hundred more (in pieces), and one more "communicate with server" error.
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2015
    One more and I'll stop. This was from a fresh set of 200 to upload, and 199 went, one did not, and there was no overt error in the UI. In the log I got:

05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG Wait for render
    05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG Render complete: s:\FergusonTemp\4E19CD4D-A2E7-47EF-967B-089EA5E31B94\FGCU v Stetson 01-04-2014 - 20140104_DSC_6892.jpg
    05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.callMethod - start
    05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG Timestamp Offset: 0
    05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG Base: GET&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.smugmug.com%2Fapi%2Fv2%21authuser&_accept%3Dapplicatio...4423a85%26oauth_version%3D1.0
    05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG GET: https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2!authuser?_verbosity=1&_accept=application%205/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG HTTP Status: none
    05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG {"Code":1000,"Message":"A connection with the server could not be established\r\n","stat":"noresponse"}
    05/07/2015 18:06:23 DEBUG SmugMugAPI.callMethod - end

I find it interesting how sometimes it gives a UI indication, sometimes it does not.

So far in some spot checks it does keep correct track of what is on Smugmug, i.e. I haven't found any, like my videos, where it shows failed but uploaded or vice versa.

I'll quit now, not sure if any of these are helpful.