Options

WTB: Looking for 70-200 VR 2.8 by Nikon

iodphotographyiodphotography Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited May 6, 2009 in Nikon Land
Does anyone have the Nikon 70-200 VR that they are planning on selling?

I'm interested! Please PM me with your asking price, condition of the lens, and how long you've had it/how much use it's had.

Please keep in mind that if I wanted to spend $1800, I'd go to B&H to purchase it new. So while I'm realistic about the cost, I also am hoping for a better deal than $1800+.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rgaetanorgaetano Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    I just listed mine today. Glad to answer any questions you may have about it. It is a fantastic lense. My only knock on it is that it is heavy. However, it produces superb images and is very fast through the range.

I think other owners of this lense would support my comments.
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2009
    RGaetano:

PM Sent.
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2009
    Update:
    Still looking for the 70-200.
  • Options
    dank-photodank-photo Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    check Craigslist in Madison
    Still looking for the 70-200.

There's one up on Madison CL for $1500....seems to be in good shape. It's a wonderful lens BTW.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    Thanks for the tip! Dank, it's Rebecca E... We've actually emailed quite a bit about second shooting. Did you find a wedding location? :D
    dank-photo wrote:
    There's one up on Madison CL for $1500....seems to be in good shape. It's a wonderful lens BTW.
  • Options
    LifeandLensLifeandLens Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    I might sell mine...
    I might be enticed to sell mine. I've had it about 3 years. Shot some volleyball with it inside a fairly dark gym until my daughter graduated and no longer plays. I don't use it much anymore. I am doing some shooting over the next few days and will evaluate if I intend to keep the lens. Are you still interested?

- Tom
    Tom Schauer
    Life and Lens Photography
    www.lifeandlens.com
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2009
    Still interested!
    Hi Tom,

Yup, I'm still interested. I got a 105mm to tide me over until I pick up the 70-200. :) So just let me know if you are still selling!
    Rebecca
    I might be enticed to sell mine. I've had it about 3 years. Shot some volleyball with it inside a fairly dark gym until my daughter graduated and no longer plays. I don't use it much anymore. I am doing some shooting over the next few days and will evaluate if I intend to keep the lens. Are you still interested?

- Tom