Google Search questions

KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
edited May 7, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Just a few questions for anyone that can help with this. I have been reading lots of SEO topics on here and I have been keywording and putting in my album descriptions religiously. I was rewarded by typing in Clinton Massie Falcons and my site being fourth. That was the scenario for several days. Today I get on-I am no longer on google at all including if I type in the address and search it. What have I done wrong?

Oh by the way the only reference to my site on google at all is now any messages I have posted on dgrin with my signature. So you will find those.

Also in the last week I think I have added 400 pics or so, not all in one day either. Used Clinton Massie Falcons and the image number for each.
I went through about 30 pages of google looking to see if I was just bumped low in the rankings. But I have been eliminated completely. I havent spammed or used erroneous keywords. Any ideas?
:scratch
Kagan

Comments

• GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,742 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Had exactly the same happen to a gallery I added last saturday. On monday it was the second link when I did a search on Google. On wednesday it can not be found by Google.

Two older links referring to the same search are still on the second page, but the most recent one can no longer be found.

Just did a new search and the two postings I did on DGrin and another forum yesterday evening (less than 12 hours ago) are showing on the first page. But the orignal link still does not show
  • KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Im sorry(for you) to say Im glad I am not alone rolleyes1.gif I was just afraid that somewhow I had offended Googles Spam Gods and they had cast me in the proverbial pits. I am current at work and cant get to my site because smugmug is blocked here but I am going to verify it through Google tools and see if they offer any insight.

GSPeP wrote:
    Had exactly the same happen to a gallery I added last saturday. On monday it was the second link when I did a search on Google. On wednesday it can not be found by Google.

Two older links referring to the same search are still on the second page, but the most recent one can no longer be found.

Just did a new search and the two postings I did on DGrin and another forum yesterday evening (less than 12 hours ago) are showing on the first page. But the orignal link still does not show
    Kagan
    edited May 4, 2009
    Today the site is suddenly back in google as well as number 4 again. Any Gspep has yours reappeared??? headscratch.gif
    Kagan
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,742 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Just checked, and it is back where I saw it a while ago: Second link on the search I did on Google. headscratch.gif

(It wasn't there yesterday)
  • Tampa-PhotographyTampa-Photography Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Google rankings will change from time to time, but you can always check to see if a site is still indexed by searching for "site:yoursitesURL.com" (obviously replace "yoursitesURL" with your site's URL!).

This will show you all of the pages of your site Google has indexed.

If your site was delisted for some reason, it would not show up. (Note, a brand new site also won't show up until it is indexed by Google).
    edited May 7, 2009
    I understand what you are saying but I am telling you the site went from fourth....to not in Google at all, and now back to fourth with approximately a week in between. I understand that a site can bounce around and may be 20 pages back the next day...but I went through every page. I just wish a straight answer was forthcoming-from smugmug, from Google, God...someone.

Google rankings will change from time to time, but you can always check to see if a site is still indexed by searching for "site:yoursitesURL.com" (obviously replace "yoursitesURL" with your site's URL!).

This will show you all of the pages of your site Google has indexed.

If your site was delisted for some reason, it would not show up. (Note, a brand new site also won't show up until it is indexed by Google).
    Kagan
  • cptkoicptkoi Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Kagan wrote:
    I just wish a straight answer was forthcoming-from smugmug, from Google, God...someone.

It will be down to Google, they may have re indexed, upgraded, tweaked, lost sync between one of their many servers.

I have had this happen many times on un smug related sites, your 2 one day, down to 7th the next, missing for two weeks and then back at 3rd.

The only positive seems to be that once the new content has done this dance in google for a while, things settle down :)
    Smug Power Acc - http://www.netballimages.com
    Smug Pro Acc - http://www.hdimages.net

All things Netball - http://www.netballonline.com
    SmugUp or SmugDown, check it with SmugMonitor