SmugMug Feature Request Forum

mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
edited August 25, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Please place all feature requests into this newly created forum, and not on the main SmugMug Support Forum. We are noticing customers who need support are having their support questions buried, so we would like to separate the two.

When Submitting A Feature
*Please make the post title just the feature you would like, in a clear easy to understand title.
*Please describe why this feature is important to you in the message. We do not need to have long posts, just a couple of sentences.

I will create these features in our cleaned up Feature Request Library at http://feedback.smugmug.com

Once they are created there, I will post the link in the original dgrin post. If you would like to add your votes for this feature please do so on the feedback library. Votes here will not be considered.

Please check to see if your feature is already requested before duplicating.

Thank you Dgrin!

Michael

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    How do we know if it's a new feature or just a bug? We're not getting many answers in the bug forum.

A big problem for us is you have limited the /keyword page to 1000 photos. I have many keywords
    that are more then that. Is this a bug or by design?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Thanks Allen. That would be a feature.

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Thank you for doing this.
    Steve

Website
    edited August 3, 2013
    Thank you for doing this.

Your welcome. Thank you all for being patient with me as I try to keep up with the heavy increase of interaction :)
    edited August 3, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Thanks Allen. That would be a feature.

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
    I don't see this as a feature, it's a huge downgrade, someone screwed up or made a ridiculous decision.

BTW, which of my 2357 "warble" keyworded photos did Smug decide to keep? Do I have to go
    through all 2357 and remove keywords from 1357 so my best 1000 transfer under the NewSmug?
    And I'm guessing each time I add more I'll have to remove the KW's from some old ones so the new
    ones show?

This really pisses me off.
    edited August 3, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I don't see this as a feature, it's a huge downgrade, someone screwed up or made a ridiculous decision.

BTW, which of my 2357 "warble" keyworded photos did Smug decide to keep? Do I have to go
    through all 2357 and remove keywords from 1357 so my best 1000 transfer under the NewSmug?
    And I'm guessing each time I add more I'll have to remove the KW's from some old ones so the new
    ones show?

This really pisses me off.

Allen, Whatever you want to call it. "feature", "bring it back", etc. if it isn't in the new SmugMug please add it to that forum
    edited August 3, 2013
    Allen, Whatever you want to call it. "feature", "bring it back", etc. if it isn't in the new SmugMug please add it to that forum
    Seems any feature request in the past took many eons to apply, if at all. If we were
    lucky, a status would appear but if you didn't look at the feature request site every day
    you'd never know.

What happens if this doesn't get incorporated before "unveil"?
    edited August 3, 2013
    Heya Allen. I will be adding these to the feedback forum after it is cleaned out this weekend. I really want that to be what I bring to the product team every month. So I don't intend to let the features "fall off" like they used to :)
  • dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Michael,

This is a great decision on your and SM's part. I think it will give some of the those rant sessions a more proactive, positive outlet vs. filling this forum.
    edited August 4, 2013
    Heya Allen. I will be adding these to the feedback forum after it is cleaned out this weekend. I really want that to be what I bring to the product team every month. So I don't intend to let the features "fall off" like they used to :)
    Thanks Michael
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Id like to see a "justify" text alignment where both the right and left edges of the text are a straight line. I'd also like to see text that can wrap around design elements.

EDIT: oops wrong spot
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Social Links
    I'd like to have my social links open in a new window or tab so that viewers are not taken away from my website.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 11, 2013
    I'd like to have my social links open in a new window or tab so that viewers are not taken away from my website.
    Can you add this request to the SmugMug Feature Requests forum?

Thanks!

--- Denise
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Can you add this request to the SmugMug Feature Requests forum?

Thanks!

--- Denise

done
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • MotoriderMotorider Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Display filename for black video thumbs in Organizer
    I recently added some Animoto videos to my site but when I view the thumbs in the Organizer I'm only shown a black, unidentified thumb. I realize I can set a preview image for each video individually, but that's time consuming & not necessary since I have my videos autostart on my site pages anyway. I'm not sure why the Animoto videos didn't copy over to SM with a preview image, but I need to see the file name or some other identifying feature in the Organizer to allow me to identify each video.

Afterall, this is an Animoto video, something that SM actually promotes, so it should work smoothly.
    Thanks
    edited August 24, 2013
    Motorider wrote: »
    I recently added some Animoto videos to my site but when I view the thumbs in the Organizer I'm only shown a black, unidentified thumb. I realize I can set a preview image for each video individually, but that's time consuming & not necessary since I have my videos autostart on my site pages anyway. I'm not sure why the Animoto videos didn't copy over to SM with a preview image, but I need to see the file name or some other identifying feature in the Organizer to allow me to identify each video.

Afterall, this is an Animoto video, something that SM actually promotes, so it should work smoothly.
    Thanks
    Please create a new thread in this forum for your request. Individual requests should not be placed in this thread.

--- Denise
  • dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Please create a new thread in this forum for your request. Individual requests should not be placed in this thread.

--- Denise

Denise,

I'm thinking this thread should be locked as folks are getting it confused with a 'Feature Request Thread.' eek7.gif
    edited August 25, 2013
    dereksurfs wrote: »
    Denise,

I'm thinking this thread should be locked as folks are getting it confused with a 'Feature Request Thread.' eek7.gif
    I would agree with that Derek but I think that should be up to Michael.

Michael -
    What do you think?

--- Denise
    edited August 25, 2013
    Locked. Thanks Denise and Derek. I will be catching up tonight when I get home
This discussion has been closed.