Options

Moo.com + SmugMug link broken

amorphic8amorphic8 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited May 31, 2011 in Bug Reporting
I was happy to learn that I could connect to my SmugMug account to grab photos for creating Moo mini cards, however my excitement quickly turned to disappointment when most of my images could not be loaded and I didn't get my head around the Moo concept of 'Albums' and how it correlates to SmugMug "Galleries" and "Categories." In fact, it does NOT correlate...

The first problem: the vast majority of my images couldn't be loaded by Moo.com. And byt vast majority, I mean I was only able to see images from MySmugMug and Watermarks; none of the others.

The second problem: Album view in Moo does list some names of SmugMug galleries I have set up, but most of them are missing; even the ones that do show up in the list are missing images.

I have made a short screencast video with audio to demonstrate:
http://screencast.com/t/IqZ0vkMDCxh

Comments

• Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    amorphic8 wrote: »
    I was happy to learn that I could connect to my SmugMug account to grab photos for creating Moo mini cards, however my excitement quickly turned to disappointment when most of my images could not be loaded and I didn't get my head around the Moo concept of 'Albums' and how it correlates to SmugMug "Galleries" and "Categories." In fact, it does NOT correlate...

The first problem: the vast majority of my images couldn't be loaded by Moo.com. And byt vast majority, I mean I was only able to see images from MySmugMug and Watermarks; none of the others.

The second problem: Album view in Moo does list some names of SmugMug galleries I have set up, but most of them are missing; even the ones that do show up in the list are missing images.

I have made a short screencast video with audio to demonstrate:
    http://screencast.com/t/IqZ0vkMDCxh

Hi there!

When you are having issues with moo.com and adding photos, you will need to make sure you have external linking turned on in your gallery settings so moo can take your images from your SmugMug account and display them on their site for use.

If you take a look at your My SmugMug galleries vs. your Landscapes / People galleries, you will see that the external linking settings differ. This is likely the issue going on here. If you continue to have problems, please let us know and we will have another look for you.

-Kevin Wilson
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Hi there!

When you are having issues with moo.com and adding photos, you will need to make sure you have external linking turned on in your gallery settings so moo can take your images from your SmugMug account and display them on their site for use.

If you take a look at your My SmugMug galleries vs. your Landscapes / People galleries, you will see that the external linking settings differ. This is likely the issue going on here. If you continue to have problems, please let us know and we will have another look for you.

-Kevin Wilson

Ok, so I just tested it with the Landscapes and Places gallery and it worked. I see that a lot of the previously broken images are also now working, sooo I suppose changing the external links setting in all of my galleries is the (tedious) fix.

Thanks for responding so quickly; looks like I WILL be able to order my mini Moos today after all!

I would suggest trying to make this a little more obvious; any of my galleries that had External Linking 'on' were either oversight on my part or automatically generated galleries (such as the 'favorites' from an event managed gallery of proofs).

Also the difference in nomenclature [Moos' "Albums" vs. SmugMug's "Galleries" and "Categories"] might be explained or better yet, made consistent.

Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    watermark?
    I am seeing my watermark on the photos in the moo.com preview... please don't tell me I have to globally disable watermarking, too.
    :pissed
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    amorphic8 wrote: »
    I am seeing my watermark on the photos in the moo.com preview... please don't tell me I have to globally disable watermarking, too.
    :pissed

You don't. Moo will print from your originals on SmugMug, which don't have your watermark from SmugMug on them.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    You don't. Moo will print from your originals on SmugMug, which don't have your watermark from SmugMug on them.

That's what I was hoping. Awesome!
    thanks.

rich
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2011
    Still having problems.
    First step selecting photos works fine;
    next step is arranging the crop to fit the card (in this case, mini cards) and when I get there, some of my selected photos are missing.
    Clicking back to the previous step (selection process) and the photos are also missing from the queue.
    I've tried adding images from a few different albums and from the general unsorted all 'photos' collection; some work, some do not.

I've made a little movie with narration to help illustrate:
    http://screencast.com/t/iRtiGbwtz

VERY frustrating.
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    Thank you for very detailed investigation and demonstration about the issue. We have contacted MOO about this issue and they have identified the cause of the problem. MOO is working on a fix for this but unfortunately I don't have committed timeline from them at this point.

We will continue to work with MOO to get the issue solved as soon as possible.

Very sorry about the headache this is causing.
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    This issue has been rectified by MOO. Let us know if there are any remaining issues.