Parisian Couple

KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited May 30, 2005 in People
Hi all,

Another from my recent trip to Paris: saw this couple of young lovers enjoying lunch and each other's company ontop of La Samaritaine.

1. Parisian Couple
22594458-L.jpg

Cheers,
Kevin K.

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 23, 2005
    Wow, that's a great shot Kevin with nice post work. Did you secure a release? This image would have strong marketability. thumb.gif
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    The washed out background really works with this one for me. I love the way you caught the moment so well, with both of them smiling like that. Nice job!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Angelo...
    Hi Angelo,

Unfortunately I did not manage to get a release for this photo. It was taken on the spur of the moment as I had lunch atop La Samaritaine and I didn't think anything would come of it...having played with it in PS, I WISH I had asked for their information - not just for marketing but because I would love to give them a copy of the photo.

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
    edited May 30, 2005
    Coldclimb...
    Coldclimb,

Thank you for the comment. The background was not too pleasing in the original photo, so I used a bit of PS and a plugin from Optilabs (recommended by Yuri). Glad you like the photo.

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
  • lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    which one
    KevinKal wrote:
    Coldclimb,

Thank you for the comment. The background was not too pleasing in the original photo, so I used a bit of PS and a plugin from Optilabs (recommended by Yuri). Glad you like the photo.

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
    Do you mean optikvervelabs Virtual Photographer?
    if so which preset?

thanks (and GREAT capture!)

Brian
    edited May 30, 2005
    Brian...
    Hi Brian,

Yes that's the one, sorry about the name confusion. As I'm not at my own computer at the moment, I can't remember which preset I used but I believe it was one of the "dreamy" effects in the drop down list. Essentially, I pulled up the plugin and scrolled through the effect and chose one...wish there was more to it than that but that's the secret to this photo! Thanks for the comment toothumb.gif .

Cheers,
    Kevin K.