Sigma 10-20mm wedding shot

DesmondDesmond Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
edited March 27, 2007 in Weddings
This is probably not the most flattering aspect for a bride ...... I was thinking of posing him in the background with her thumb on his head .
The hamilton Gardens in New Zealand have a wide variety of possibilities for pictures in various settings ....

AsheleyD50041.jpg
Nikon D80 , D50 , SB600 , SB800 , Nikon 18-200VR , Tamron 28-75 di 2.8 , Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 , Nikon 50mm 1.8 . Tamron 17-50 f2.8 , Nikon 70-200 VR f2.8 .

Comments

• fotodojofotodojo Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    Desmond wrote:
    This is probably not the most flattering aspect for a bride ...... I was thinking of posing him in the background with her thumb on his head .
    The hamilton Gardens in New Zealand have a wide variety of possibilities for pictures in various settings ....

AsheleyD50041.jpg

I used my 10-22 Canon for a wedding once - I'd be real careful to look for the distortions .. it's tempting to use the wide angle for the inevitable group shots but it is rather unflattering for everybody other than the bride & groom (they are usually front'n'center =))
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    I think it's a cool shot. The balance feels slightly off, maybe if he were slightly more to the left of the frame? ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 26, 2007
    Hey Des - cool shot, i like wedding shots that are a bit different. This one has some good "reading between the lines"!

Oh, and btw, I'm moving your shot over to the "shots" forum, specifically "people" (is that cool). You read the title of the forum a little too literally. lol3.gif It's a saying for referring to discussing all sorts of stuff, sometimes not even pertaining to photography. I think you'll get more looks and comments in the other room.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    It's kind of a fun shot...the more you look at it, the more you see. It almost takes on sort of a Fun House effect with the way it makes her seem so big and him so small, plus the weird angles of the floor and ceilings. Almost like they are looking into a mirror! :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    Nice i liked it
    i like the background very much
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    I got very nervous when I read the title: extreme wide angle and people do not mix. Than I saw the shot - clap.gif great stuff. You've manageds to take advantage of the wide angle perspective and yet keep the bride in perfectly neutral position.
  • DesmondDesmond Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    Here's the same site with the 10-20mm Sigma centralised ...

widegrdns012.jpg
    Nikon D80 , D50 , SB600 , SB800 , Nikon 18-200VR , Tamron 28-75 di 2.8 , Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 , Nikon 50mm 1.8 . Tamron 17-50 f2.8 , Nikon 70-200 VR f2.8 .