We don't have a wedding forum... but....

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited March 9, 2007 in Weddings
I thought I'd share some anyway..... These are some leftovers from last year I was going back through. I added some glow and some "other" things just to get a decent image.

134072064-M.jpg

134072585-M.jpg

I realize I need a better conversion on this one... but I'll sho what I have for now.
134070121-M.jpg

134070399-M.jpg

134069366-M.jpg

134062588-M.jpg

Now that I look at these conversions on a different computer they look like crap. Do the b&w conversions look bad to you? They are find at my home computer but now that I'm at "work" they look not so good...

What do you think?
:scratch

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    I wouldn't say they look like crap. They all appear to be too soft though.

First one is a bit dark
    Second one too soft or oof? The angle of the girls arm is also awkward. Appears more of a snapshot than anything else.
    Third one - soft and the girl on the rt appears cross-eyed. If she is no big deal- if she isn't....
    Fourth- I like the most because of the slight bokeh but the brides arms are in a strange pose
    Fifth- great capture but too soft
    Sixth- soft and not a lot going on for me

Can you try sharpening these?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    Thanks for the input. Yes most of these are soft because I used the glow filter. That softens them up quit a bit. I decided to go back through my wedding photos from last year and just pick out some that didn't make the grade for the albums/prints and see if I could bring them up to acceptable.

Thanks for the input.

anwmn1 wrote:
    I wouldn't say they look like crap. They all appear to be too soft though.

First one is a bit dark
    Second one too soft or oof? The angle of the girls arm is also awkward. Appears more of a snapshot than anything else.
    Third one - soft and the girl on the rt appears cross-eyed. If she is no big deal- if she isn't....
    Fourth- I like the most because of the slight bokeh but the brides arms are in a strange pose
    Fifth- great capture but too soft
    Sixth- soft and not a lot going on for me

Can you try sharpening these?
  • gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    They're not bad conversions, but there's something off about them. Have you tried messing around with Lightroom? There's some great conversion tools in the program and it's easier to use than PS.

Lex
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers