Digital Downloads

pecheneypecheney Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited July 28, 2011 in SmugMug Support
:D Yo, shouts to the smuggiest app possible for digital photogs. Think there will EVER be a competitor to SmugMug? One that makes you want to use them instead of SM? Think about it... hell no... Man.

Deep, eh?

OK, digital downloads... Am I missing a thread on this? Are we the only company DYING for SELLING DIGITAL DOWNLOADS? I mean as a photog, and maybe I am different or odd, but I charge 2.75 for a 4x6 and $25-150 for a digital image. Thing is that to sell a digi image I have to stop work, invoice, unlock a gallery, send the link to the customer, explain to them how to download it, and then after they are done with the gallery, I have to lock it back up... Imagine a world where a digital download was a small profit zone for both smugmug and sm prop accounts. I simply want to sell my iomages as stock to ad firms and already do so, but I don;t want to find teh dvd and email it/them, I want to automagically pay and get to download what tehy pay for. The revenue is teh cost SM charges me per image. Maybe 50 cents per dd? Or by kb/mB? Regardless, I get asked every single day for a digi copy and only say yes to friends, family and to folks who pay. I want to simply have t eh ability to offer digital downloads, make each photo theability to have a unique price or a common price across all images, and lastly, an option presented in a follow up email or upon check out: Thanks for your purchase of a print from "Enter my company here," if you are interested, you may download a digital image after your credit card has been accepted. '

Get it? With MySpace and all the craziness over digi cameras, i'd love to give these photos to my clients at the same price I sell event photos for $2.75. And certain photos are for sale for stock photo fro $25-150...

Make any sense?

SmugMug postcards? I'd love to make any photo into a postcard as a benefit to my clients and vistors to my site and woudl pay bandwidth cahrges for it for my clients. I'd like to drop my logo on the card as a stamp. Branding, marketing, fun, etc. Example: you take a cool pic of a couple at an event. They see teh pic on your silky smoov sm site, customized , of course. They love it. They hit "postcard" and you can email it to family or whomever as a "digital postcard" and put a link back to gallery, and custimize greeting. Drop my logo to brand my company as a pro user, and i sell more photos, SM get b/width $$, clients get exposed to SM and everybody is happy.

Shot two really big events tonight. Free wine. :thumb

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    Thanks for the great suggestions - thumb.gif
  • StalkographerStalkographer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2011
    Andy,

I'm new at this and never posted or anything anywhere.
    I have pro account and cant find where to add digital downloads.
    I have looked here and saw some bad stuff so I'm going to the horses mouth to get the answer please.
    Marketing plan is long a not important here but what I want to do is charge for everything except 4x6 digital downloads. I cant find where to do this.
    My pro account name with you is "stalkographer" Thank you for the help.
    Stevene_nau.gif
    p.s. I like your homepage is that custom or available as a sugmg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    Andy,

I'm new at this and never posted or anything anywhere.
    I have pro account and cant find where to add digital downloads.
    I have looked here and saw some bad stuff so I'm going to the horses mouth to get the answer please.
    Marketing plan is long a not important here but what I want to do is charge for everything except 4x6 digital downloads. I cant find where to do this.
    My pro account name with you is "stalkographer" Thank you for the help.
    Stevene_nau.gif
    p.s. I like your homepage is that custom or available as a sugmg

You can price and sell digital downloads in your pricing tool - in the gallery, tools, set prices.
    More help: http://smugmug.com/help/print-pricing and don't forget you can always email us for quick help http://smugmug.com/help/emailreal :D
  • StalkographerStalkographer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 28, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    You can price and sell digital downloads in your pricing tool - in the gallery, tools, set prices.
    More help: http://smugmug.com/help/print-pricing and don't forget you can always email us for quick help http://smugmug.com/help/emailreal :D

Thank you I will give it a try
    Stalkographer is Nic
    Stalkography is url

Steve