Options

Nikkor 24mm As Backup?

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited August 25, 2016 in Holy Macro
I recently invested in a Sony A7R body for wide angle and ultra-wide angle, non-macro, photography with my legacy lenses. My 24mm lens is the very bulky and heavy Zuiko 24mm shift lens. So when I saw this lens I thought it might be a good substitute, when I did not require shift function, and its close working distance might be useful for close-ups if I did not have my macro lenses with me (unlikely!) or had no time to change lenses.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/6070nikkor/wides/24mm.htm

To clarify, it is a Nikon Nikkor-N Auto 24mm f:2.8 Non AI. I was awaiting an adapter but found that my Pentax K held the lens but would not lock it on, so that it what I used. As there is a difference of 1mm in registration distance between Nikon and Pentax, the working distance will have been a little different than the nominal.

I obtained one this week and have tried it out at its closest working distance (see above) of 1 foot and at 1.5 feet. The A7R has no IS so I used f11, rather than my customary f16 but expected it to be adequate. I am not looking to get frame-filling macro images but to have reasonable close-ups.

These images are from the first session and have been checked for motion blur. There is a crop from the first one, from the processed image, Ideally the crop would be processed from scratch. There were shot as RAW files in daylight.

Harold

1342819.jpg?ts=1472105167

1342820.jpg?ts=1472105167

1342821.jpg?ts=1472105167

Comments