Options

Bobcat Came To Visit

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited July 24, 2015 in Wildlife
Had to shoot this one through my dirty bedroom window. Captured with the Fuji XT-1 18-135 at iso 1250 and a major crop.

DSCF3321-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2015
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited July 23, 2015
    Pretty kitty. Can they get dangerous to people if you walk out and go near them on your own turf?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 24, 2015
    Fabulous!

Are you happy with the XT-1? I've been toying with the idea of getting one, still quite happy with my 7D but there are times when I'd love something smaller.

--- Denise
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Pretty kitty. Can they get dangerous to people if you walk out and go near them on your own turf?
    Fabulous!

Are you happy with the XT-1? I've been toying with the idea of getting one, still quite happy with my 7D but there are times when I'd love something smaller.

--- Denise

They do not bother people, David, but this one was scared, and so if I were to go outside he would have left very quickly.:D

Denise, I love the XT-1. There's a really good article on it in this months Outdoor Photographer. I have the 7D2 (which is great by the way), and the 5D3, and I'm struggling whether or not to go all in and sell them. I'm headed to the Columbia River Gorge next week, and I'll only be taking my Fuji with one lens.wings.gifrolleyes
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 24, 2015
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Denise, I love the XT-1. There's a really good article on it in this months Outdoor Photographer. I have the 7D2 (which is great by the way), and the 5D3, and I'm struggling whether or not to go all in and sell them. I'm headed to the Columbia River Gorge next week, and I'll only be taking my Fuji with one lens.wings.gifrolleyes
    Thanks Dan.

I've been fighting with myself over buying the XT-1 because I've been happy with the 7D - but I've been feeling I really want something smaller. I think your answer may have pushed me over the edge.

The 18-135 is the lens I was thinking of to start with. Do you have additional lenses or just the one (for now)?

--- Denise