Options

FS: Nikon D2Xsvv- sell or trade for D300s

BackdoctorBackdoctor Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited August 1, 2010 in Nikon Land
I am looking to sell or trade my D2Xs. It has about 10k clicks, prob less. It will come with the manual and DK17 magnifying eyepiece, and large LCD protector on the back.

I would love to work out a trade deal for a D300s or sell it. I am asking $1350 as I saw one on ebay go for $1250 today with 34k clicks. I will entertain decent offers.

Comments

• Options
    BackdoctorBackdoctor Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    this great pro body is still available....
  • Options
    CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    The D2XS is a great camera, My friend made that same change and wasnt happy. you may wish to rethink. But Good luck.
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    CookieS wrote: »
    The D2XS is a great camera, My friend made that same change and wasnt happy. you may wish to rethink. But Good luck.

I agree. I am unsure why you would want to take a step down. I understand its new technology, but if it were me i would go with a d700 or higher.
  • Options
    GKR1GKR1 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    Perhaps, the features and ergonomics of the d300s are more inline as to what he needs at this time.
  • Options
    quasparagusquasparagus Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    I agree. I am unsure why you would want to take a step down. I understand its new technology, but if it were me i would go with a d700 or higher.

The D700's AF drive is far less advanced than the D300s. The D300s has the second best AF in the world (second to the D3s). Also, there is no camera (aside from the D3s) that can compare to the high ISO performance of the D300s. I would recommend it over the D2xs any day. The only setback is that the D300s is not a full body, where the D2xs is. But honestly, if you buy an MB-D10, the D300s is the best crop-sensor camera on the market. period.
    "If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."
    Robert Capa

Website
    Flickr
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    The D700's AF drive is far less advanced than the D300s. The D300s has the second best AF in the world (second to the D3s). Also, there is no camera (aside from the D3s) that can compare to the high ISO performance of the D300s. I would recommend it over the D2xs any day. The only setback is that the D300s is not a full body, where the D2xs is. But honestly, if you buy an MB-D10, the D300s is the best crop-sensor camera on the market. period.

So you are telling me that the D300s does better in ISO performance then the D700? Maybe you should look how the D300s did against the Canon 7D. I have to totally disagree with you on that.
  • Options
    InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    So you are telling me that the D300s does better in ISO performance then the D700? Maybe you should look how the D300s did against the Canon 7D. I have to totally disagree with you on that.

Probably a bit of a hijack, but I'm also curious about this.