Order Never Registered / Order History

Brett MickelsonBrett Mickelson Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited January 25, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I was going to email the Help Desk, but Gmail isn't working right now for some reason.

I recently placed an order for some calibration prints (one in each finish so I can show customers) and postcards.

I was in the middle of being very upset that it's been a week (I ordered 3 day shipping) since I placed the order and nothing has shown up, when I realized I never got an order confirmation email.

Is there any way for me to view my personal order history? Not just things people have bought from me (even if they were purchased for default pricing), but the orders I've placed from other people.

Also, is there any way to check if this order went through at all or should I just do it again? I don't want to find out I was charged twice or something. Thanks.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    I was going to email the Help Desk, but Gmail isn't working right now for some reason.

I recently placed an order for some calibration prints (one in each finish so I can show customers) and postcards.

I was in the middle of being very upset that it's been a week (I ordered 3 day shipping) since I placed the order and nothing has shown up, when I realized I never got an order confirmation email.

Is there any way for me to view my personal order history? Not just things people have bought from me (even if they were purchased for default pricing), but the orders I've placed from other people.

Also, is there any way to check if this order went through at all or should I just do it again? I don't want to find out I was charged twice or something. Thanks.
    brett, standby...
    edited August 23, 2006
    (I ordered 3 day shipping)
    Fedex shows these photos (#158825) were delivered on August 21st at 12:47pm.

Here's the shipping email we sent you. (Check your spam folder)..
    THE DELIVERYMAN COMETH
    You shopped. We shipped. And your SmugMug prints are on the way!

THE DETAILS
    Your order went out today via FedEx, Next Business Day from Georgia.
    Please allow 1 business day for delivery.

Your FedEx tracking number is: XXXXXXXXXXXX. Please note that tracking
    information may not be available immediately. You can track your
    package at http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=XXXXXXX

Your order included 5 items. If you had gift items, they may be shipped
    and billed separately.

QUESTIONS?
    Email us at help@smugmug.com and we'll respond in record time.
    (Really...try it. We'd love to hear from you.)

Many thanks for entrusting SmugMug with your order,

Chris & Don MacAskill
    Owners, Photographers, Regular Guys
    Brett, the shots are gorgeous... the crabs/rocks/lizard! If you aren't happy with the prints, write me at the help desk, I'll work with you on calibration.

If you ordered calibration prints, like these:
    http://cmac.smugmug.com/gallery/122238/1/5637776/Large

I see no record of that.

We send order confirms and shipping confirms on each order. The most common cause for "I didn't get it" is spam filtering ... no worries though, you can always write to help@smugmug.com and we'll lookup any orders for you anytime.

I hope this helps!
  • Brett MickelsonBrett Mickelson Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    Andy,

I received that order, which was actually an overnight order that SmugMug help placed for me because I was sent standard 4x6 instead of the postcards I had ordered.

I placed an additional order which has apparently disappeared.

I'll just re-order since it seems that on your end I shouldn't have been charged.

Also, I have been very happy with the prints. I actually haven't noticed much color change from PC to print, I've been in the print media field for a long time, but I wanted to have the calibration prints to show clients a reference for glossy/matte/lustre.

Thanks for the compliments, although those are not my favorite shots from that gallery. It's always interesting to me that what I feel are my best shots aren't the shots other people are interested in.

Edit 1: Interesting follow-up...I went to begin placing the order again and I found the entire order still in my cart. This is confusing because I know I completed the sale...maybe my connection timed out and the cart was never cleared and the order wasn't received or something. At least I don't have to go digging through my photos again.

Edit 2: I think I've figured out what happened because it is happening again. I go through the entire order process, and when I try to continue after selecting my shipping preference, it just loads forever and nothing happens. This explains not receiving a confirmation and the items still being in the cart, although I am embarassed that I wasn't more thorough during the initial purchase process. Any idea why it won't complete the sale?

Edit 3: After an inordinate amount of waiting, the order finally went through. Number 162217 if you would like to see what I was trying to buy.

So I guess it was just a bizarre server delay and I got lazy...thanks for the help.

Edit 4: I still haven't found out if there is a way to track my order history other than looking up emails.
    edited August 24, 2006
    Edit 4: I still haven't found out if there is a way to track my order history other than looking up emails.
    We got the order, and I voided the charge on it :D

You can't track your own orders that are at-cost. But you can always ask us and we can let you know. Or you can mark up the prices by .01 and then you'll have reporting.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • Brett MickelsonBrett Mickelson Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:

You didn't have to do that.

But thank you.
  • taylowataylowa Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    One Cent Pricing?
    Wouldn't you have to duplicate every gallery with $.01 over the default price if we wanted to track it and have the gallery with the price we want to sell to other customers? Or is there a way we can price our own pricing $.01 over the default? I placed an order today and haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. I used another email on the order, and I got the "Processing Order" email, but I didn't get anything showing I have an order pending to process. I have people looking at my site, and I don't want them placing orders and me not getting them. Please help me...
    Andy wrote:

You can't track your own orders that are at-cost. But you can always ask us and we can let you know. Or you can mark up the prices by .01 and then you'll have reporting.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    I get tracking when I order at cost... & UPS or FED Ex
    My Experience is that:
    I always get tracking numbers when I order at cost UNLESS I select first class postal mail for the shipping methed (the up to 14 days) which I rarely ever use. wings.gif
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
    edited January 25, 2007
    taylowa wrote:
    Wouldn't you have to duplicate every gallery with $.01 over the default price if we wanted to track it and have the gallery with the price we want to sell to other customers? Or is there a way we can price our own pricing $.01 over the default? I placed an order today and haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. I used another email on the order, and I got the "Processing Order" email, but I didn't get anything showing I have an order pending to process. I have people looking at my site, and I don't want them placing orders and me not getting them. Please help me...
    yes, if you want prosales tracking.
    if you order at default, you get an email from us, but you can't see the order in your history.