Arranging Album Order

huffmanhuffman Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
Using the API, it's easy to sort Images within an Album using the sortmethod and sortdirection settings. But I can't find a way to do the same for sorting Albums within Categories, SubCategories, or ShareGroups. Using the GUI, I can click the "arrange" at the top of the group of albums and get anything I want. But can anyone tell me how do I do it through the API?

Bill

Comments

• MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    Unfortunately re-arranging Albums within Categories and Sub-categories is not possible through the API at the moment. We'll evaluate this request for our development backlog.
  • huffmanhuffman Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2011
    Thanks for an answer. At least I know it's not just that I can't find it.

When you consider including such an API call, please consider all of:

- Albums within Category
    - SubCategories within Category
    - Albums within SubCategory
    - Albums within ShareGroup

Thanks,
    Bill
    edited August 3, 2011
    As a followup question I actually have two questions:

1. I can set an album to sort by a particular method, such as filename. If I add more photos, they will be inserted
    by the same sort criterion. So I can set the album once and forget it, even if I add pictures. Can I do the same
    thing with a Category or SubCategory so that newly added albums will sort in a pre-determined order?

2. I've seen "Position" used as a means of sorting, and I can set "position" from the API. Is there a way to force the
    sort order that way? So that when I add new albums, they automatically sort in the order I've asked for?

Thanks,
    Bill
  • MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    huffman wrote: »
    As a followup question I actually have two questions:

1. I can set an album to sort by a particular method, such as filename. If I add more photos, they will be inserted
    by the same sort criterion. So I can set the album once and forget it, even if I add pictures. Can I do the same
    thing with a Category or SubCategory so that newly added albums will sort in a pre-determined order?

2. I've seen "Position" used as a means of sorting, and I can set "position" from the API. Is there a way to force the
    sort order that way? So that when I add new albums, they automatically sort in the order I've asked for?

Thanks,
    Bill

1) Unfortunately we don't have a way to force sorting order for Categories and Sub-categories.

2) The position is only applies to Albums and Images. This requires you to manage the sorting order and setting the position to each item.
    edited August 8, 2011
    Thank you, Miikka.

Bill