SOLD: 3 canon lenses: 28-105/3.5-4.5, 18-55/3.5-5.6 II, 85/1.8

monkymonky Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited August 10, 2005 in Flea Market
[font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i have three lenses that i am offering for sale.

canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

descriptions and negotiable pricing below (all prices include shipping, insurance, and paypal!). PM, reply, or email me to make an offer or express interest. i can also be contacted via AIM under monky9000. i have bought one item here, one on FM(both transactions went perfectly), and have feedback on ebay under monky9000.

ASKING $80
=======================================================
this is the kit lens that is included with a rebel XT; it is the MK II version. this lens was used lightly for a very short period of time (2-3 weeks) and then was replaced by my 17-40/4L. from what i can tell this is a very sharp copy.

it is in perfect condition.

both caps, and instructions included. no box (it was a kit). i also have the blank warranty card.

ASKING $150[/font][font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] bought this lens used to fill in the gap between the 17-40/4L and the 70-200/4L (where is that 24-85/4L, canon?!). as it turns out, i've used it once in nearly two months. this lens provides a useful 45-165mm range on a 1.6x body. the USM is just as quick and quiet as it should be. do NOT confuse this with the cheap f/4-5.6 version.

the glass has a cluster of very small marks near the perimeter of the front element. i've tried photographing these, but the light has to be just right to see them, and they are very small. the body has a scratch on one side near the filter thread. other than that, its in good condition.

i bought this used, so it does not include the box or instructions, but i do have both caps for it (the rear cap is a tamron; came with it that way and i never got around to replacing it with OEM).

canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

ASKING $300[/font][font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] i ended up with two copies of this lens; i bought this one used and a second one brand new locally. oddly enough, this one that i am selling is actually slightly sharper than the brand new one. took me a month to decide, but i am keeping the other because it comes with a warranty; i figured i can get it recalibrated. everything you read about this lens is true; it is amazing. and evidently it is in short supply lately (B&H and Adorama were out of stock for weeks).

this lens is in perfect condition. in fact, i had to refer to the lens # and compare it to my warranty card for the brand new lens on more than one occasion when i confused the two.

this lens includes both caps. i am also including the UV protector that came with it. no box or instructions.
[/font]
ed murphy

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    buy with confidence from monky, i know him personally - good guy, excellent photographer deal.gif
  • monkymonky Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    why...
    i dont know about the 'excellent photographer' thing... yelrotflmao.gif

but thanks for the vouch, andy icon10.gif
    ed murphy
  • monkymonky Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    85/1.8 and 18-55 II sold
    28-105mm still available

ed

monky wrote:
    [font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i have three lenses that i am offering for sale.

canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

descriptions and negotiable pricing below (all prices include shipping, insurance, and paypal!). PM, reply, or email me to make an offer or express interest. i can also be contacted via AIM under monky9000. i have bought one item here, one on FM(both transactions went perfectly), and have feedback on ebay under monky9000.

ASKING $80
    this is the kit lens that is included with a rebel XT; it is the MK II version. this lens was used lightly for a very short period of time (2-3 weeks) and then was replaced by my 17-40/4L. from what i can tell this is a very sharp copy.

it is in perfect condition.

both caps, and instructions included. no box (it was a kit). i also have the blank warranty card.

ASKING $150[/font][font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/font]
    [font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] bought this lens used to fill in the gap between the 17-40/4L and the 70-200/4L (where is that 24-85/4L, canon?!). as it turns out, i've used it once in nearly two months. this lens provides a useful 45-165mm range on a 1.6x body. the USM is just as quick and quiet as it should be. do NOT confuse this with the cheap f/4-5.6 version.

the glass has a cluster of very small marks near the perimeter of the front element. i've tried photographing these, but the light has to be just right to see them, and they are very small. the body has a scratch on one side near the filter thread. other than that, its in good condition.

i bought this used, so it does not include the box or instructions, but i do have both caps for it (the rear cap is a tamron; came with it that way and i never got around to replacing it with OEM).

canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

ASKING $300[/font][font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/font]
    [font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] i ended up with two copies of this lens; i bought this one used and a second one brand new locally. oddly enough, this one that i am selling is actually slightly sharper than the brand new one. took me a month to decide, but i am keeping the other because it comes with a warranty; i figured i can get it recalibrated. everything you read about this lens is true; it is amazing. and evidently it is in short supply lately (B&H and Adorama were out of stock for weeks).

this lens is in perfect condition. in fact, i had to refer to the lens # and compare it to my warranty card for the brand new lens on more than one occasion when i confused the two.

this lens includes both caps. i am also including the UV protector that came with it. no box or instructions.
    [/font]
    ed murphy