Options

Display photo x of x in lightbox

bartzbartz Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 27, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I would like to have a number associated with the photos (my filename is quite long so I prefer a shorter number) so if visitors have a question about a photo they can mention this to identify the photo.
I was thinking of a simple Photo "x" of "x" shown in the lightbox or at least in the info block.

Is this possible or does someone has another idea to achieve this ?

Comments

• Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2015
    Maybe an idea for a workaround if no one comes up with a better idea of how to show your photo-number in the lightbox or the info block:
    I don't know what you are using to post-process your photos, but would it be possible to add a date and time in the beginning of each of your filenames? Since it would be pretty much impossible to shoot more than one photo within a second (with one camera and without any remote controls involved to trigger more exposures), if you added a date and time in this format for example: yyyymmdd_hh24miss (for the Dec. 24th 2014 8:32:15p.m this would look like this: 20141224_203215) that way you would have an easy number to recognize your photo from that number and it would even be simple to find a certain photo again on your hard drive.)

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2015
    Maybe an idea for a workaround if no one comes up with a better idea of how to show your photo-number in the lightbox or the info block:
    ...... Since it would be pretty much impossible to shoot more than one photo within a second (with one camera and without any remote controls involved to trigger more exposures), .....Lille Ulven

Not sure if this would present a problem for the OP, but my camera will shoot 10 frames each second and I would keep more than one, two or three of these for some sequences (but I shoot sports).
    Something for the OP to consider if this is relevant to them.

To OP ... this may not be a good solution for you, but if you use the Smugmug Gallery style (rather than the lightbox) then you DO get this.
    Below the large photo on the right hand side of the screen you get: < Photo 7/86 > (ie photo 7 of 86)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com