Show us your business Card!

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 9, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
20342487-L.jpg

On the way to find a subj for the challenge, I happened on having done this photo, so I made a business card out of it. The info on it is all the info people need from me.

Where would you all suggest I get it printed inexpensibly on the internet?
Or as cheap as possible.

g
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited April 23, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

On the way to find a subj for the challenge, I happened on having done this photo, so I made a business card out of it. The info on it is all the info people need from me.

Where would you all suggest I get it printed inexpensibly on the internet?
    Or as cheap as possible.

g
    Go to an office supply place and grab a package of Avery's business card
    stock. You can print what you need at home.

A package is something like USD$10.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    i have mine done at overnightprints.com the quality is excellent and the price is right.

41894258-M.jpg
  • lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Like Andy, I have mine done at overnightprints.com. What I like best is the weight of the cards, and the small lots they'll let you do to proof. $14.95 plus shipping for 100.

Here's mine:
  • luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Wow Lynne, that picture looks almost 3D!
    edited April 24, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Wow Lynne, that picture looks almost 3D!

Thanks--it's a reduced opacity version of the original image with a little color shift, the clouds were made with the plug-in Aurora 2.
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Thanks for the tip Andy, these guys are just a few miles down the road from my office.
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Great Thread Ginger....I too like to see others cards never thought of starting a thread for it.

Here is mine, it too is a really bad scan of it. I need to figure out how to better use my scanner to get better results. The card looks great in person.

Anyways.....here it is...
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Wow! Some great cards here, and I can really see the individual styles. Here is my ah...since i'm not in business, call it a contact card. My volume and use is such, that I just print them 8 up from PhotoShop as needed.

Sam
    edited April 24, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    Like Andy, I have mine done at overnightprints.com. What I like best is the weight of the cards, and the small lots they'll let you do to proof. $14.95 plus shipping for 100.

Here's mine:
    Lynn,

Great card! It shows your interest and capibilities well.

Sam
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Oh gosh, that reminds me
    printing up some cards has been on the back burner so long.... I never know whether to put both design and photography on the card, or just photography... don't want to carry two cards around.

I get bored easily, so I set up a file with different cards.... wonder where I put that file now? :D

Neat thread idea Ginger!
  • blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Great cards everyone, I'm looking to find some help on how to make these. I have something in mind but can't seem to get it to work on PSCS.

Any help would be great.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    printing up some cards has been on the back burner so long.... I never know whether to put both design and photography on the card, or just photography... don't want to carry two cards around.

I get bored easily, so I set up a file with different cards.... wonder where I put that file now? :D

Neat thread idea Ginger!
    Thanks, Dee. You all should I take the credit for this thread idea?

I asked a question about where to get card printed on the internet, included my card idea.

I came home, it was moved, it now had a great title and was a whole thread...................

I love the idea, too. But it really only derived from a question I asked. Someone else made it into a great thread.

ginger
    edited April 24, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

I asked a question about where to get card printed on the internet, included my card idea.

I came home, it was moved, it now had a great title and was a whole thread...................

I love the idea, too. But it really only derived from a question I asked. Someone else made it into a great thread.

ginger

Thanks, Sam, and Ginger, how about putting www. before gingersnap.smugmug.com? People are used to looking for the www. I know you weren't looking for a critique.

jds, overnightprints.com has a nice layout guide to make sure your layout works within their trimming parameters.

Like you, Dee, I have two businesses, like being able to run up small bunches of different variations, keeps it fun.

You guys that scanned your cards--you didn't create the originals yourselfs in PS or equiv?
    edited April 24, 2005
    Great cards everyone, I'm looking to find some help on how to make these. I have something in mind but can't seem to get it to work on PSCS.

Any help would be great.
    All righty now....what can't you get to work? What are you trying to do. Name the task, and the guru's here will tell you in minute detail how to do it.

Just saying I can't get to work, doesn't give us anything to respond to. :D

Sam
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    You guys that scanned your cards--you didn't create the originals yourselfs in PS or equiv?
    I scanned mine because the program that I used to make mine(before I knew the ins and outs of PS CS) does not do conversion to .jpg it will only save the file in its own format. So I just did a quick scan to share what it looked like. I plan to redo the card in PS CS soon though.

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • simon bennettsimon bennett Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    Thanks--it's a reduced opacity version of the original image with a little color shift, the clouds were made with the plug-in Aurora 2.
    Woah... back it up, those clouds were 'made' with the plug-in: Aurora... what the? *heads to google to do some research*

The only Aurora I've had contact with flies using plasma and some help from my friends thanks to a little reverse-engineering.

Lynne, is your plugin for Photoshop:
    http://photoshop.pluginsworld.com/plugin.php?editor=adobe&software=photoshop&plugin=220

... or for After Effects or Final Cut:
    http://www.digitalanarchy.com/aurora/aurora_main.html

?
  • blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    All righty now....what can't you get to work? What are you trying to do. Name the task, and the guru's here will tell you in minute detail how to do it.

Just saying I can't get to work, doesn't give us anything to respond to. :D

Sam
    Thanks Sam, I'm looking at a simple card, Company, name, address, phone, email, and website, then list all the stuff I do, I.E. Sports|Portraits|Wildlife etc
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited April 24, 2005
    FYI - Avery makes available its Design Pro software free. I have an older copy that came with a pack of tear-off business cards, but it is also a free download (52MB) from their site. Well worth the price if you have a printer that is up to it.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited April 24, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

ginger

nod.gif ginger, i told you already i'm *everywhere* heheh well it was your idea, i just moved and retitled it :D
    edited April 24, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:

yeah, of course.. but i don't have it online... so this had to do, i had scanned it a while back and it's sittin' in my forums stuff gallery thumb.gif
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Here is one of my cards:

shay_card.jpg

Only difference with the real one is the addition of an email address on the card.

I also have a generic wedding card I use that looks like this:

(edit) the old cards are not showing up since I redid them. Sorry about that.

weddingcard.jpg
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
    edited April 24, 2005
    Here is one of my cards:

shay_card.jpg

handsome fella, innhe? lol3.gif
    edited April 24, 2005
    Thanks Sam, I'm looking at a simple card, Company, name, address, phone, email, and website, then list all the stuff I do, I.E. Sports|Portraits|Wildlife etc
    I'm still unclear with regard to what your having trouble with. Is it the key strokes in PS to put all this together or the creativity to get that wow factor?

Creativity needs to come from within, the key stokes I can help you with.

Sam
  • LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    After I finish redoing the website to go with my Smugmug acct, I will print these...

what do you guys think?

businesscardx800.jpg

Thanks,

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
    edited April 25, 2005
    I remember that shot, Steven. You have done something to it. Now it looks metallic and those reflections are even better.

Nice card.

ginger
  • simon bennettsimon bennett Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Shay is a handsome fella from what his card presents.
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Here is mine

Front
    20462099-M.jpg

Back
    20462100-M.jpg

Someday I will have a real graphic designer do them. Design really is not one of my strong points
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    A business card I use for kart races (printed as a 4x6 glossy at CostCo):
    18839222-M.jpg

A business card I use for motocross races (again, 4x6 glossy):
    18839505-M.jpg

I then have a "normal" business card that I don't have scanned in at the moment.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
    edited April 25, 2005
    I am going to have to go with 4 X 6s, if that overnight site doesn't e-mail me back.

Maybe it was all I had going on, but I just could not get the instructions yesterday.

g
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    I do all my cards myself using 4x6 prints. They look great, of course, and are easy to make on the fly. In fact I am prepping some to get made today.

ginger_55 wrote:
    I am going to have to go with 4 X 6s, if that overnight site doesn't e-mail me back.

Maybe it was all I had going on, but I just could not get the instructions yesterday.

g
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie