A little less color

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited October 24, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
I'm giving your eyes a break for a bit.

This is the end of Upper Taylor Road in Taylor Park, CO. Those would be the Elk Mountains that are closing off the park, with Mt. Tilton heading things up.
Randy

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    You know, Randy, this shot exposes a critical flaw I have. Here you have a beautifully composed shot, wonderful conversion work, and one that must surely appeal to most folks. But, for the life of me, I just can't get my head around B&W landscapes. Thank goodness most of you guys don't suffer from the same malady.

BTW....The Blue Angels perform in Jacksonville this weekend. They rotate their shows....one year at Jax Beach, the next at NAS Mainside ( which is right on the St. Johns River and right across that river from my house. Their flight patterns take them directly over my place. I can sit out on the veranda and it's like being at the show with a front-row seat. But with practice today and tomorrow, and the show Saturday and Sunday....well, I'm ready for them to move on about that time. LOUD.

See you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    I think I'd love this more in B/W if there was a sky juxtaposed against the complications of the ground.

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    I don't suffer from Tom's malady... I like this very much!
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2014
    You know, Randy, this shot exposes a critical flaw I have. Here you have a beautifully composed shot, wonderful conversion work, and one that must surely appeal to most folks. But, for the life of me, I just can't get my head around B&W landscapes. Thank goodness most of you guys don't suffer from the same malady.

BTW....The Blue Angels perform in Jacksonville this weekend. They rotate their shows....one year at Jax Beach, the next at NAS Mainside ( which is right on the St. Johns River and right across that river from my house. Their flight patterns take them directly over my place. I can sit out on the veranda and it's like being at the show with a front-row seat. But with practice today and tomorrow, and the show Saturday and Sunday....well, I'm ready for them to move on about that time. LOUD.

See you,

Tom

Well Pard,

If your not willing to be versatile, how do you keep from getting board?

I don't like all of the flavors of photography, but I like a lot of them. You gotta' use different processes every so often. Cause you know what they say.

If you don't use it... You loose it!
    Randy
    edited October 24, 2014
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    I think I'd love this more in B/W if there was a sky juxtaposed against the complications of the ground.

Me to Wally!

Mother Nature doesn't listen to me though!
    Randy
    edited October 24, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    I don't suffer from Tom's malady... I like this very much!

Thanks Cristóbal,

Just time for something a little different.
    Randy