Options

Does this work for you?

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited November 7, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this shot. I am only trying to get feedback on what you think...

Does this photo works for you?

i-TkLZMJk-X2.jpg

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2014
    Interesting! Looks like it is raining....bit of bat-mobile vibe going for it....
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2014
    It doesn't work for me. There's nothing here to draw my attention. A vehicle going down a rainy night road is just not strong enough to draw me into the picture. If there were something unusual or particularly exciting happening, it might be a different story. As it is, though, this one doesn't make the grade.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2014
    Thanks for the comments guys. Lets allow few more and I would provide more feedback.
    Alex
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2014
    does this one work??

i-JVz2FtJ-L.jpg

keep posting for both shots (the first at the beginning and this one)
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    The second one resonates a lot stronger with me. It has a very high WTF factor, in addition to having a clear subject. Composition is good. You seem to go for a good bit of contrast in these two shots....which, in general, I also prefer.

Good luck,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    I like the second one much better. Interesting subject, nicely composed and excellent lighting. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    redleash wrote: »
    I like the second one much better. Interesting subject, nicely composed and excellent lighting. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Lauren

I agree with Lauren and Tom. The second is better. I do like the reflection of the light on the wet pavement in #1 though.

Welcome1!
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2014
    Thanks guys for your feedback.
    I reserve this thread for posting my work and discussing what you think. I am not gonna share though the work that I like only but also that one that does not seem to work.

So lets continue with the next two

why these do not work? They provide more information about the setting... "An empty train couch" When we need more background for information and when we need to isolate the subject?
    i-PMS6TXB-XL.jpg
    i-NngMb53-XL.jpg

Regards
    Alex
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2014
    I think that the original hand shot is better because, as you say, there is less context and therefore it becomes more mysterious. Also the post processing (BW and contarts) add to the effect.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2014
    ^Thanks guys and I am sorry I have not posted all this time before... but life got my really busy. I am continuing forward
    So does this work for you ?

i-Fqgw9fD-M.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,911 moderator
    edited November 7, 2014
    I agree with Cristóbal--the original has much more of a WTF factor, and so it's more interesting. As for the last one you posted, it's close but not quite for me. I'd experiment with the crop some, maybe eliminate some from the bottom and perhaps leave the shadow but not the bicycle at the top. It's a good concept, but for me it has too much empty space as is.
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2014
    thanks a lot! I appreciate your time. I see your point in both shots.
    What about this one?

i-G42mRjK-L.jpg