How do you upload non iphone (DSLR) images to Instagram?

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited June 6, 2016 in Mind Your Own Business
It is a very basic question.... How do you upload non iphone (DSLR) images to Instagram? It looks like I can only upload images I have taken with my phone....Is that ture? Can I use an android phone?
I would like to upload my wedding photography work onto Instagram.
Please help!

Comments

• jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    I did a Google search and found this http://gramblr.com/uploader/#home
  • WoodButch4WoodButch4 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2016
    Honestly, I put them on smugmug, then from the smugmug app, I share to instagram. I figure if they are good enough that I want them on instagram then I probably want them on smugmug too. I leave the phone snapshot images for posting on facebook.
  • HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2016
    Similar as WoodButch4, I do my processing and then upload to SM through LR, then on my phone I open up the SmugMug app and download the images I want to share on IG to my camera roll, then post them in IG.

If I'm posting immediate shots, my 6D has wifi built in, so I just use the Canon app to grab the image, store it on my phone, throw a quick edit on it in Snapseed, and then post.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Kevin PaulKevin Paul Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2016
    I use latergram. That way I can post from my computer (kinda) and type all the hash tags out (copy paste) from my computer.

Works good for me.
  • piolet_rampepiolet_rampe Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2016
    I have never understood why Instagram prevents you from uploading from the device of your choice. I simply don't understand how it is more valuable to limit to Android or iOS uploads, vs any platform you like. I see so much stuff on Instagram that obviously was not shot on a phone cam that this really makes no sense to me.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,789 moderator
    edited May 6, 2016
    I have never understood why Instagram prevents you from uploading from the device of your choice. I simply don't understand how it is more valuable to limit to Android or iOS uploads, vs any platform you like. I see so much stuff on Instagram that obviously was not shot on a phone cam that this really makes no sense to me.

How did Instagram respond when you asked them?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2016
    jonh68 wrote: »
    I did a Google search and found this http://gramblr.com/uploader/#home

Got me excited until I started reading the reviews - seems that this app doesn't play nice with hashtags, your photos won't show up in hashtag feeds and it has retroactively ruined people's Instagram accounts (disabled all previous hashtags). Some people have also reported having their accounts banned for using Gramblr because it's not authorized by Instagram. They claim it's fixed now after years of problems, but I don't think I want to risk it.

Wish there was an easy way. I e-mail the photo to myself, download it on my phone, then post it to IG. It's a real P.I.T.A. so I rarely find time to post on IG. I've also heard that you can post it to Facebook, access your FB post on your phone, save the photo to your phone and then post to IG. eek7.gif