Rocky Mountain National Park Wildflower

psralphpsralph Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited July 4, 2010 in Landscapes
Good day

i was in Rocky Mountain Naltional Park this past week. I took this shot with some wildflowers. I would like feedback on the photo.

Thanks

Perry
www.perryralph.com

922351202_pS995-L.jpg

Basic

<TABLE class=photoInfo><TBODY><TR><TH id=DateTime>Date Modified</TH><TD>2010-07-03 21:51:44</TD></TR><TR><TH id=DateTimeOriginal>Date Taken</TH><TD>2010-06-26 07:31:54</TD></TR><TR><TH id=Camera>Camera</TH><TD>Canon EOS 7D</TD></TR><TR><TH id=ExposureTime>Exposure Time</TH><TD>0.008s (1/125)</TD></TR><TR><TH id=Aperture>Aperture</TH><TD>f/18</TD></TR><TR><TH id=ISO>ISO</TH><TD>200</TD></TR><TR><TH id=FocalLength>Focal Length</TH><TD>42mm (67.2mm in 35mm)</TD></TR><TR><TH id=originalSize>Photo Dimensions</TH><TD>5306 x 3578</TD></TR><TR><TH id=fileName>File Name</TH><TD>Rocky Mountain Loco-98-Jun10--1006260298.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TH id=fileSize>File Size</TH><TD>12.44 MB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited July 4, 2010
    RMNP is one of the most beautiful parks in the National Park system and one of my favorites. I love the expanse of this shot. However, there are hints of white and purple in the flowers that are lost in this shot. One suggestion is to use Depth Of Field to isolate the flowers from the background and to shoot the flowers from a much lower position and with a wide angle lens making the flowers the stronger of the two subjects.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • psralphpsralph Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    THanks for the feedback. just to make sure a lower f-stop which will bring the flowers in focus but the moutains slightly off focus? i like the idea of being lower to shoot the photo. after i got back i have some where i am on the ground and you can't see the mountains and then this angle. i agree something inbetween would have been better.

Thanks again.

Perry
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited July 4, 2010
    Yes. Open the lens as wide as you can. Focus a bit into the flowers so they'll all be in focus and fire away. By wide, I mean more toward f2.8 (or as wide open as you can get). Of course, wide open and DOF are subjective so try different f stops to see what changes.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?