Options

Re-price an entire SM website?

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited January 16, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi all, I've been told enough times now that my prices are way too low so now I beleive it. I want to raise them on every gallery, all catigories--the whole website. I'm using a Pro SM account. Is there a global way to do this? Thanks! Best, Shane

Comments

• Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Well you would first have to delete all the pricing done the gallery level, then you would set your new prices at the portfolio level.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    Well you would first have to delete all the pricing done the gallery level, then you would set your new prices at the portfolio level.

Hey Richard! Good to see you again, so to speak! Ugh, that sounds like a project, no shortcuts eh? Maybe I'll just set new galleries to a higher price and forget about the old ones...thanks and see over at FM! Best, Shane
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Ah, so you figured me out even with two different usernames. Was it the avatar or the sig that gave it away?

Edit: Well, I guess it wasn't the sig...I just realize how sparse my sig is on this site.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2006
    Set new portfolio pricing at your new (higher) levels. Then, go to a gallery and reprice that gallery if it is different than you portfolio pricing. You can then copy from one priced gallery to another:
    andy wrote:
    Pro users: Setting print prices

Pro account users can set their own prices and earn a profit.

Note: When you're logged in, the prices you see in the shopping cart will be SmugMug's base prices, not the prices you set. This enables you to order at cost. To see the prices your visitors will see, just log out!

Tip: View your site from a second browser — logged out. We love Firefox!

Your profit is calculated as 85% of the markup over the base price of the prints.

How to set prices:

While logged in with your main password (not as a guest), choose the Photo Tools pull-down menu below any photo. Select Custom Pro Pricing, the top option.

You can price at three levels. We recommend that you start by pricing at the portfolio level. Portfolio pricing applies to every printable image on your SmugMug site.

You can override portfolio pricing by using gallery and individual image pricing. Gallery pricing overrides portfolio pricing, but not image pricing.

Note: If you are reading this after pricing at the gallery level, no worries: you can add portfolio pricing to catch any holes in your gallery pricing. Your gallery pricing will still override portfolio prices.

Step 1: your portfolio

When you select Pro Pricing, the first page you'll see is for setting prices for a gallery of images — the gallery you were in when you selected “custom pro pricing.”

Click the portfolio link. You’ll see the words "setting prices for your complete portfolio."

Enter a 0 (zero) for any product you do not want your customers to order (you can override this for any gallery or image later). Products with a zero will not be presented to your customers when they purchase prints.

Please do not enter currency symbols, such as dollar signs. It may look like a good idea, but our system will not make any product with a currency symbol available for sale.

Enter the price you wish to charge in any field.

Products with blank fields are available for purchase at SmugMug's default prices and are not tracked or listed in your sales reports.

Note: If you've set portfolio prices and want to sell prints from one of your galleries at smugmug's default prices, we have to apologize for an inconvenience. You'll have to set the prices for that gallery above smugmug's default prices, such as a penny higher.

Step 2: gallery prices

Now that you've set prices for your portfolio, you can ignore gallery (album) pricing. Your portfolio prices are automatically applied to all new galleries you create.

However, if you want certain galleries to have prices that are different from your portfolio prices, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the gallery whose prices you want to set.

2. Choose the Photo Tools pull-down menu under any image, and click Custom Pro Pricing.

3. Set the prices for this gallery as you did your portfolio prices, above.

Note: Any fields left blank on the gallery pricing page will be available for purchase at your portfolio pricing for those items.

Step 3: image prices

If there is a special image you wish to price differently from the portfolio and gallery pricing that you set above, navigate to that image.

Follow the steps outlined above for gallery prices, making sure you have chosen the image option instead of gallery or portfolio. Prices you set for any image will override your portfolio and gallery prices.

The quick pricing tool:

After you set prices for a gallery (not an image or your portfolio), the quick pricing tool makes it a snap to apply those prices to another gallery (or image):

1. Navigate to your new gallery and pick custom pricing from the photo tools pull-down menu.

2. From the quick pricing pull-down menu, choose the gallery whose pricing you want to copy. In the example above, it's the Big Kahuna Half Ironman Triathlon.

3. Click the apply button.

4. Now click the update pricing button on the bottom of the page.

That's all there is to it.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    Ah, so you figured me out even with two different usernames. Was it the avatar or the sig that gave it away?

Edit: Well, I guess it wasn't the sig...I just realize how sparse my sig is on this site.

The avatar caught my eye, then the dead give away, a little click trip to your website ;)
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Set new portfolio pricing at your new (higher) levels. Then, go to a gallery and reprice that gallery if it is different than you portfolio pricing. You can then copy from one priced gallery to another:

Wow Andy, good post! Thanks for the info, best, Shane