Leica M8 (w/ 21mm f/2.8) vs Fuji X100

Erik_AErik_A Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited July 8, 2011 in Cameras
Has anyone compared their M8 and 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit with a Fuji X100? It seems that the field of view and depth of field would be the same. How is the high ISO noise in the files?

Comments

• catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    almost:

the M9 vs. X100 should be up on photofocus.com on mon or tues, or at least says the retweet that flew by in tweetdeck a half hour ago :)
    //Leah
  • Erik_AErik_A Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    Zack Arias just posted this excellent review of the Fujifilm x100 :

http://zackarias.com/for-photographers/gear-gadgets/fuji-x100-review/

I am impressed, although I think that, for my small camera, I will stick with my Olympus GF1 and 20mm 1.7 because I shoot photos of my kids at close (less than 3') range and wide open at f1.7 quite often, and the GF1 just works very well for this.
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    I have the M8.2 and borrowed a friends X100, i must they dont even compare even with the firmware upgrade, First the manual lens does not focus the way a Leica /voigtlander lens does second the macro @ f2 is terrible, Its nice and compact, It is an all round P&S camera which is good for that, I wold not get one just yet and also you can't compare a 6,000 to a 1,000 $$ camera, Nice imitation thou lolol.
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu