Bride by the window light

erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited January 31, 2009 in Weddings
I'm an ultra noob when it comes to wedding photography. I'm trying to break in--I have this photo that I'd like to offer for thoughts. Please be brutal if need be. O, if there is anybody in the Eastern Shore/Baltimore area that could use a second shooter, I'd love to help out.

Comments

• BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    This is nice light, looks more like a sun room than a traditional windowlight portrait. The pose is OK, I'd normally advise against shooting a bride seated unless you have a great chair and the bride is thin. The chair here is a little distracting, but the bride looks great sitting down, just be careful because shooting a bride in a gown sitting down can make her look fat. I always prefer to have flowers in a shot like this, so she has something to do with her arms. I love window light, it is a little "old school" but I think the effect is very flattering. Here are a couple of my favorite window lights from last year.

302700221_CBr9P-M.jpg

318865909_5MYhv-M.jpg

465057758_RYQFX-M.jpg
  • erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Blurmore wrote:
    This is nice light, looks more like a sun room than a traditional windowlight portrait. The pose is OK, I'd normally advise against shooting a bride seated unless you have a great chair and the bride is thin. The chair here is a little distracting, but the bride looks great sitting down, just be careful because shooting a bride in a gown sitting down can make her look fat. I always prefer to have flowers in a shot like this, so she has something to do with her arms. I love window light, it is a little "old school" but I think the effect is very flattering. Here are a couple of my favorite window lights from last year.

302700221_CBr9P-M.jpg

318865909_5MYhv-M.jpg

465057758_RYQFX-M.jpg

I appreciate the insight--this was not posed. The bride was sitting in her suite at the b&b they were staying at I I just shot it. I see what you meqan through your post about the classic feel and proper posing. Thanks!