Recent Changes In Full Screen Slideshow?

SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
edited June 21, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm wondering if there were any changes made to the full-screen slideshow besides the prettier buttons. :dunno

I review my pictures using the slideshow and have recently started to have quite a few more problems than I used to with time-outs and browser crashes. It also seems to take a lot longer time between slides when manually advancing the slideshow. :scratch

I'm wondering if there was any coding (or any other) changes that might have caused this slowdown. Any assistance appreciated.
Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    SamirD wrote:
    I'm wondering if there were any changes made to the full-screen slideshow besides the prettier buttons.
    No, there haven't been.
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Thank you Andy. thumb.gif

Any suggestions for speeding up the slideshow? (Besides a new computer.) The colors are really accurate on the two older laptops that I use, but I have to restart firefox after about 50-100 photos. Should I use IE instead?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    SamirD wrote:
    Thank you Andy. thumb.gif

Any suggestions for speeding up the slideshow? (Besides a new computer.) The colors are really accurate on the two older laptops that I use, but I have to restart firefox after about 50-100 photos. Should I use IE instead?
    FS SS uses your originals - if you enable them - and so caches them but it's still got to fetch biiig photos, so lots depends on your internet connection, too.
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    FS SS uses your originals - if you enable them - and so caches them but it's still got to fetch biiig photos, so lots depends on your internet connection, too.
    Are you sure? I know that it didn't do this before as people have rummaged through their cache to circumvent the right-click protection only to end up with some smaller res copies. The images look too blocky to be the originals. headscratch.gif

Edit: Oops, scratch that--I have originals disabled.